Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Silent Hill3 -PS2

Options
  • 21-06-2003 5:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭

Does anyone know how to solve the 'Shakespeare books' bit in silent Hill3. Can't get the right combo at all at all...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

just pick up all the books, Put them on the shelf, and keep rearranging them till the writing on the spines of them shows the numbers for the combination of the door.
    Bad ass game, i gotta say...tho probably not quite as freaky as SH2.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭TheStrandRoads

It all depends on what puzzle difficulty setting you chose.

I can only help you with HARD.

*PUZZLE SPOILER!!!!!*

The memo beside the locked door gives you the order in which the books should be placed upon the shelf.

Then, the second last paragraph gives you info on what to multiply each volume number by to get the code for the door.

Hopefully this helps you. I personally hate having to give in to the puzzles and seek help - but the puzzles in it require extreme abstract thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Lads the spoiler tag is there for such things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭Wolf

Btw is that any good ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

Rented it for 2 days and got pretty far (the chapel, I think that's close to the end anyway) and I enjoyed what I saw of it so far. The monsters are as insane as usual and some of the bits had me soiling my panties.
    The bit where the ghost pushes you onto the tracks, for one..
    I preferred SH2's story though, this one is connected to SH1 and to be honest I thought it was a little silly.
    Ehm.. she's a god?
    Still, I didn't complete it must rent it again soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭TheStrandRoads

Ahh.....the spoiler tag. I see now. I'll sleep better knowing this... Thanks!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Originally posted by Wolf
    Btw is that any good ?

If you like the type of game it's well worth getting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

I thought it was brilliant, the best survival horror on ps2, definitely, and honestly one of the most shocking games made. I must have beaten 1000 hookers to death in GTA3, and laughed every time, but the scene in SH3 you know..with the *makes stabbing motions* and the you know..*makes puking motions* was genuinely shocking.
    The story may not have been as good as in 2, but if you played the first game it clears up alot of loose ends. Which was nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭goo

I remember playing SH2 a while back and I liked it a fair bit. I think I oughta buy SH1 for me PSX and eh, buy a PS2 and SH2 and 3. (cough)

Fine, I'm a little behind the times.

Advertisement