Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outlook Express Question

• 21-06-2003 6:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Any kind E-Mail genius care to solve a problem for me. When trying to send an e-mail using one particular account I get the following error message.

The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. The rejected e-mail address was
    . Subject
    , Account:
    , Server:
    , Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 relay not permitted', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC79

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Hi GG,

that problem is probably caused by the following:
    eg. u have an Esat email account but u are dialing up with Eircom and they dont allow changing connections and servers like that. I think they allow incoming, but not outgoing. I think thats what it is anyway. So use the same isp as provides ur email services :) hope it helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Basically happens when the domain name part of your email address doesnt match the servers list of allowed domains... saves ppl using random mail servers as spam distributors.

Usually happens with esatclear.ie or iol.ie .. check their online help and they'll list the correct server to use.

Advertisement