Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Automatically Logging In When I Shouldn't Be

• 21-06-2003 8:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭

I was able to make this post without logging in first. I was automatically logged in when I came to the site, even though I have selected "no" for that option in my UserCP.

Browser: Mozilla
    Steps to Recreate. Well I just turned on and logged into my PC, dialled up and went to Boards.ie.

I've never had this problem before today and I've always had auto-logins turned off in my UserCP.

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

I think you'll need to turn off the 'browse boards with cookies' option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Puck

Never had to do that before. Why now?

I missed that bit.

How long was it between logins when you came back and were automatically logged in?

I haven't actually logged in today (i.e. entered username and password) it's all been done automatically. I'd say the last time I logged in was sometime yesterday.

Did you update any of your user settings? Perhaps you entered a default value for using cookies without realising.

• Advertisement

Nope, the only time I've even looked at my options in UserCP recently was today, just before I posted, to make sure I had auto-logins turned off.

I have just been made a subscriber though, would that have any effect?

It shouldn't.

I've turned off 'browse with cookies' for you (you seem to think this was already off though?) so log out, clear your boards cookies and let us know if the problem persists.

No, browse with cookies was on, I know that. It was always on but I was never logged in automatically before today.

I'd rather use cookies for session tracking that URLs though so I'd like to keep using them. I have auto-logins turned off so I shouldn't be automatically logged in whether I use cookies or not.

Seems to be back to normal now whatever the problem was. Logged out with cookies switched off and closed down my browser, then I started it up again, went to Boards.ie and was not automatically logged in (this is good). Turned on cookies again, logged out and shut down browser, then I started it up again and went to Boards.ie and was not automatically logged in (this is better).

So everything seems to be back to the way it used to be, i.e. using cookies and not being automaitically logged in.

Advertisement