Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It just hit me...

Options
  • 22-06-2003 3:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭

NOTE THE TIME!!! I'm just in from a night out. Normally I don't be on the net into the night, but tonight it just hit me. I got home, threw my jacket on to the couch and put the kettle on. Then I realised, I'm finished school!

No mom "what time do you call this?", no "jeez, I'd better get started on my geography", no nothing! I'm independent! It feels so strange! Even while I was out, me and my friends all noticed it! It's all over! We're on our own two feet, that's it, all over!

This is one of those brief moments of inspiration so I'm gonna make the most of it! I know, up to now I've been thinking and saying "I'm over" but now it has struck and I don't know how to feel! I'm kind of excited but sad at the same time.

People in school you wouldn't normally talk to, you do now! And it's not like saying hello in school, it's like... I don't know what!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭Wolf

Are you going to Uni? Cuz if you arent life just gets ****ty from here on in unless you can land a big job :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,154 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

It kind of dawned on me on Saturday morning....woke with a hangover and did a mental study plan.....Its like when you wake up on a Saturday and you think its Monday :D

P.s I got in later then you :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

JEsus me head, I to sepnt the night partying, and i get what your saying about meetign people from school, i ran into aload of them by chance and it was just a blast. Where do yo uhead to? I went to the redbar. Got home about 5 in the monring

Went to fireworks on Friday, got home past 4, cant really remember when.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

haha, go away, this forum shouldnt be looked at for another 8 months...

• Advertisement

August 14th?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 stira64

for me it hasnt sunk in at all cos i went on a four day binge as soon as i finished (my last test was art on the monday), and i didnt have time to reflect on it. right now my brain is so fried i cant think about it properly. for me the summer hasnt really started yet! it will probably sink in around august, but until then.........sesha!

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Originally posted by Sangre
    August 14th?

And why on earth would I post my results here? Or anyone for that matter?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

I off to find a job tomorrow. God, i've had one constant hangover since june 13th which has rendered me broke, forcing me to find a job to feed the drink

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

Originally posted by Boston
    JEsus me head, I to sepnt the night partying, and i get what your saying about meetign people from school, i ran into aload of them by chance and it was just a blast. Where do yo uhead to? I went to the redbar. Got home about 5 in the monring

Thought you didnt drink :)
    No mom "what time do you call this?", no "jeez, I'd better get started on my geography", no nothing! I'm independent! It feels so strange! Even while I was out, me and my friends all noticed it! It's all over! We're on our own two feet, that's it, all over!

Yeah sure you are ;) Get a jbo you bum :D

Yes I am a grumpy college person who is stuck in work

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

... it's starting to sink in.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 romey

my moment of unadultarated freedom came to me yesterday when i was told to clean up my bombsite like study.there were notes, , books and papers EVERYWHERE! so i started by collecting all my many,many history essays and putting neatly into a folder.but then it it occured to me "what the hell am i doing i dont need to look at this pointless crap ever again!" it was then that i had the genuis idea of throwing them all out the window! and thats exactly what i did while screaming "cya collins", "im free, im free!" and so on.i was just moving on to english when my stupid neighbour started to scream at me because my entire history course was lying in his backgarden and had decapetated half his pansys! so i spent a good half hour cleaning it up but god! was it worth it!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭jammy_dodger

Originally posted by romey
    my moment of unadultarated freedom came to me yesterday when i was told to clean up my bombsite like study.

No offence, but your first experience of unadultarated freedom, was when you were told to go clean your room ???

I miss school already. I start work at 6.30am tomorrow which means I’ve to leave my house at 5.30am. I'll be lucky to finish work at 5.30pm meaning that I’ll get home any time after 7.30pm, due to commuting and the fupping traffic. On top of this my bank account is overflowing with cash, which I cant even spend at the moment as I’ve to work like this Monday through to Saturday every week.

When are the leaving cert results out?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

hahahaha your job sucks!
    where ya workin?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Well that feeling hasnt sunk in on me. I guess cause i've left so much unfinished (tell whoever i like to keep in touch. Tell the girl i like to keep in touch. Tell who i hate never to come near again or i'll shoot them.)

This summer sux for me. My mom passed some stupid idea that cause i'm 18 i have to work to stay in our house. Meaning i now have 3 jobs. 1 at home painting etc. 1 in a chipper and another in a pub. Wish i could drop two of em but cant. this summer blows. But after august 13th no more jobs and no more LC thats when i'll feel it.

Any of you gonna annoy your teachs by making it look like such a anti climax. My older brother said when he pretended his results meant nothing and just pocketed them the teachers were so pissed. He didnt look at them or say a word till he was outside apon which he celebrated vigoursly.

Originally posted by Seraphina
    hahahaha your job sucks!
    where ya workin?

Does it really? I get €750 a week, not including overtime. Driving a Caterpillar 330 Excavator - which weighs 35 tonne, bear in mind a Jcb weighs 5 tonne. So I sit on my arse all day listening to the radio whilst stuffing my face with subsidised food.

Advertisement