Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oh no! Its the IrelandOffline AGM

Options
  • 14-06-2003 2:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭

Members,

We are considering holding the IrelandOffline AGM at the end of July, Saturday the 26th. An email will be sent out to the members list on Monday evening canvassing numbers for the event.

Before that goes out, the committee would like to hear members input, on the possible location and date of the event.

The peliminary date of the 26th of next month was choosen to provide ample time for members to organise their affairs, to allow them to attend. However if this clashes with some major event etc, that I am unaware of, please let me know.

The location will have to be somewhere with sufficentily good transport links to allow all members to attend with the minimun of inconvience. The obvious choose would be the 'fair city', but I want to throw out for discussion none the less.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Thought id copy this into this forum since its not getting a lot of replies in the other one.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

ngggggh 26th... I'll be away. :(

Pity, the IOFFL AGM is worth attending (for the p|ssup if nothing else!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Looks like i'll have a busse month. I'm fine with the date.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Isnt that the day of the boards Paintball? :)

DeV.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,786 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Originally posted by DeVore
    Isnt that the day of the boards Paintball? :)

DeV.

Nope, fortunately the boards paintball is on Sunday, 20th July.

I wonder if we could get the Eircom management to come paintballing with us :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

Originally posted by bk
    I wonder if we could get the Eircom management to come paintballing with us :)
    You would need to employ Hans Blix to check the weapons and ammunition prior to the game - on both sides.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

What about Maynooth? Regular(ish) Arrow service from the city, as well as buses. Easy parking for us mulchies, and handy for anyone on the Sligo line as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭robfitz

Having the AGM on July 26th would mean it conflicts with the next DublinWAN monthly meeting (last Saturday of the month, runs from about 2 - 6 pm). I would like to go to the AGM but we didn't have a meeting last month due to the national meeting so I kind of have to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Any news on this ?

(Now I realise that it may have been in the mail you sent that I "accidently" deleted)

Is the meeting still happening this saturday and if so where is it ?

Gandalf.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭MDR

Gandalf et al,

For those who aren't on the list or didn't see the mail for whatever reason. I have posted it below.

IrelandOffline, 10/07/2003

Dear member,

I am writing to you with the finalised details of the upcoming
    IrelandOffline Annual General Meeting. The committee's thanks to those who
    have already signalled their intention to attend, there are still some
    places left for interested members.

The AGM is being held in the upstairs room of 'The Clarendon' Pub, 32
    Clarendon St, Dublin 2, just off Grafton Street. Click the
    following link to see a map of the 'The Clarendon's
    location.url]http://clarendon.alturl.com[/url

Proceedings will begin at 2pm, on Saturday the 26th of July, with the
    intention of finishing up by 5pm. To briefly recap on the order of
    business.

The agenda :-

1. Chairman's review of the past year
    2. Future direction of IO
    3. Q & A (open floor)
    3. Elections
    4. AOB

The AGM is an important event in the IrelandOffline calendar. It is when
    policy for the upcoming year will be debated and a new committee elected.
    IrelandOffline depends on its members contribution of time and energy to
    bring about the change we are all seeking. We hope to see you there.

Regards

Ray Kinsella
    IrelandOffline Committee

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭DonegalMan

Was hoping to make it along but it's not possible now.

Just want to express my appreciation of the work done by everyone involved - I know only too well how the amount of time and energy this requires.

Whilst much still remains to be done, I think it's fantastic that you are going into the AGM with FRIACO established and significant moves at least starting to happen with Broadband.

Thank you to any retiring committee members, good luck and best wishes to those who stay on and new ones who take up the baton.

Martin Harran

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Facetious-sounding I know, but I'd like to echo Martin's sentiments. I too have been there and I too understand the commitment that's involved, and although I've been critical in the past - and make no mistake, I will be critical in the future - I very much appreciate the time and effort the committee of IrelandOffline have contributed to this bizarre battle that we view as our cause. Thanks folks.

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭The Brigadier

Yeah,

I think that IrelandOffline has shown great purpose this year and
    has truly done a fantastic job.

I'll be there.

Advertisement