Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has IOFFL now got more pages & other links than it REALLY! Needs ??..

Options
  • 22-06-2003 12:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭

Am I the only one who has noticed what I believe to be a drop-off in the number of messages, visitors and new threads being posted, since IOFFL was split in to:-

1: IOFFL Market / Policy issues &
    2: IOFFL Consumer/ Services issues.

IMHO the new larger number of pages is having a somewhat confusing and - Detimental - effect. On the IOFFL campaign as a whole ??..:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

Is anyone else of the same opinion as myself. IMHO IOFFL has now got too many different forums/pages on Boards.ie than are really needed and this I think has resulted in a drop - off of visitors, messages and new threads.

This is having a detrimental, confusing and fragmenting effect which is not provig of benefit to the straightforward IOFFL campaign issues as a whole as people including myself are finding browsing IOFFL more time consuming and somewhat confusing which only benefits Eircom ??...

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

For example the. Fact that you wrote two* posts on IOFFL to emphasise (?) this point.
    ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭jd

Paddy- has MORE PUNCTUATION!! -and EMPHASIS!! in his POSTS???, than anybody else!!??
    Is "THIS" what a Career -in Marketing- does to PEOPLE!?!!
    ;) :ninja: ;) :ninja: ww)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I've never seen a more apt tagline.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Nyum Nyum

Sir, with respect, the people who run this place have done much good for all of us.

I, for one, trust them to run the site as they see fit.

This thread in itself has nothing to do with the Boards aims and is contributing to the "fragmenting effect" you mention before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭andrew163

I'm not sure if this is exactly what you're talking about, but I think there should be a clearer line between what goes on this forum, the other IOFFL forum, and the other boards forums (Net/comms and Broadband)................other than that, I see no problems with the splits.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Threads merged.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Is anyone else of the same opinion as myself. IMHO IOFFL has now got too many different forums/pages on Boards.ie...<snip>

What... like ... um 2?

Yeah, there's this forum.... and now ....THERES THE OTHER FORUM!!! omg, how will we manage?

The other forum is a hang out place for people who want to support IOFFL with their voice, eyes, ears and comments.

This forum is for people who want to watch the dry specifics and who want to take actions to move things in the way the organisation wants them to go.

Dress it up anyway you like but mixing those two groups in one forum does neither of them any good.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

DeV,

Quote: " What... like ... um 2? " end quote.

As far as I am aware there is now this forum, then THERES THE OTHER FORUM!!! and then there is the Irelandoffline official page, which when I count them on my little twiddly fingers makes three [3]?..

And by the way I am not being critical of IOFFL. Simply pointing out something I was becoming concerned about which I still believe is a new overly complicated way to communicate with visitors and members too Ireland OFFlines very worthy voluntary and vital campaign.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Just two forums hosted on boards.ie/with a boards.ie URI

I can count them on my stubby thumbs.

Quick (imho) answer to the question posed in the thread title: Nope.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,786 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

For me there is more activity going on in the various different forums (IOFFL MPI, IOFFL CSI, Broadband, Net/Comms) then ever before. It would be quiet scary if all the posts from all these boards went on in one board.

For me the splitting of the various boards is a very good reflection on just how successfull IOFFL has been, with a broad range of supporters with a broad range of issues and needs.

While the IOFFL MPI board may seem a little quiet, that is the way it should be, with only a few threads discussing in detail the long term strategy and tactics of IOFFL.

Advertisement