Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Online Gym Routine?

• 22-06-2003 4:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 510 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    I've been using my gym/pool mebership daily for about three weeks. Now I've adjusted to the routine of donning the shorts and trainers every day, I was hoping for some advice on what kind of routine I should be following in order to achive my aims.
    I'm 185cm tall and weigh 75kgs. I never played much sport growing up and my fitness isn't great. Have very poor muscle mass, particularly upper body and have a little pot belly. My three main aims this summer are...
    a>to improve my cardiovascular fitness so that I could take up a tram sport when college resumes in October
    b>to improve my upper body strength, particulary my arms and try and broaden my extremly narrow shoulders
    c>reduce my 32"w to a trimmer, firmer 30"

Any advice MUCH appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 276 ✭✭Brian Houlihan

Hi,
    The best advice I can give is never! give up. I remember I thought I was losing no weight but I just never noticed the pounds shedding and soon I was a looking and feeling better. Just work hard and you can get the weight you want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭Benbaz

Originally posted by Amnesiac_ie
    c>reduce my 32"w to a trimmer, firmer 30"

You're 6ft. tall and you wanna reduce from a 32"w to a 30"w??? That sounds way too much imo!!! Could be wrong though!!! And with your height, 75kg doesn't sound enough to have a belly!?!?

But the advice Brian gave is good too!!

B.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Amnesiac_ie

Well that's the reaosn I've started working out! Basically I'm stick man with a gut! My torso is shapeless, want more of a V by the end of the summer!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,035 ✭✭✭✭Stark

what's a tram sport?

Originally posted by k.oriordan
    what's a tram sport?

I'd take a wild guess and say he mean't "team" and not "tram"!?!?! Unless of course he mean't "tramp sports" like trying to dupe rich business men in suits into buying him drinks in places like Club M of Buskers!! Dunno.....maybe!!!

• Advertisement

he did say he wanted a good body for something :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Amnesiac_ie

My bad... typo... "team sport" was what I meant... would like to play GAA but they take it so flipping seriously in college. I'm never going to be the world's greatest athlete so i want to find a club that's fairly relaxed and not hell bent on winning everything in sight.

all the team sports are like that I'd say. I know the athletics club and the trampoling club are very newbie friendly and quite a few others (like the mountaineering club but yuck, how did that get so popular). Would recommend the orienteering club but looks like it's going down the tubes next year :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

And with your height, 75kg doesn't sound enough to have a belly!?!?

Of course it is! Im 6 feet tall and weigh the same. I also have a Belly. The difference is i go to the gym 3 times a week and am reasonably fit. The only real fat i have is my Belly. I have had it all my life almost (since i was about 6 maybe). So maybe i cant reduce it :D anyway im trying... Im not skinny though.. i have mass everywhere else!

Originally posted by Saruman
    Of course it is! Im 6 feet tall and weigh the same. I also have a Belly. The difference is i go to the gym 3 times a week and am reasonably fit. The only real fat i have is my Belly. I have had it all my life almost (since i was about 6 maybe). So maybe i cant reduce it :D anyway im trying... Im not skinny though.. i have mass everywhere else!

That sounds mad! I'm 6'1" and 80kg and I don't have a belly!! Are you sure you're not skinny??? lol ;)

B.

• Advertisement
Advertisement