Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why does.....

• 17-07-2000 1:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭

....the speedo on my car go up to 140mph? The only way my car is going to do 140mph is if you strap it to a Saturn5 rocket!

The most I ever got out of it was 94 and that was downhill. It would have went faster but it probably wouldn't have stopped before the brick wall if it did.

Wouldn't it be more useful if it only went to 80mph and was easier to read?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

So, you go into a dealership, see 2 similar cars, good condition, same price.

The clock on one goes 0 - 140 mph, the other goes 0 - 80 mph.

Which are you gonna buy? The 80 mph one cos it's easier to read?

Al.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Simple answer, and it's the same reason why drive in bank teller machines in the US have support for the Blind.

It's cheaper to run off a million 0-140 and shove them into different cars then it is to personalise for each car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

both good points redface.gif

it still seems ridiculous when you're in a hurry and when you reach 85 a strange voice comes from the general area of the acelerator pedal : "If I give her any more she'll blow!" biggrin.gif

Bustin' it's guts and there's still another 55mph on the speedo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭Pretence

Well different cars have different speedos so I think a better question is Blitzkrieger how old is your car? smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭OctaviaN

Well my Mbile hispeed connects at 19200 or 43kbps but itll only reach 1-2 kps smile.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

v old frown.gif

mainly cos of fuppin insurance costs mad.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭Pretence

Well that would explain why it only reaches eighty five, the engine is old....

When it was newer I can promise ya it went a lot faster and wouldn't have been far of the 140.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Canaboid

Overclock it up to 200.

Advertisement