Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Console Wars

Options
  • 22-06-2003 5:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭

Even tho the PC blows every console outta the water with its supierior Graphics and speed, Which do you think is the best Console at the market at the moment? Xbox, PS2, or GC? Personally i think Xbox is the best because it uses a P3733mhz chip and has nvidia graphics, it has the most potentional and has great online support. What is your opinion tho??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

granted the xbox is probably more powerful than the others but im goin with the ps2 just cuz i hate microsoft :ninja:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

having all three is cool like me but i can't really pick cos xbox has the best graphics, PS2 has the best controller plus plays dvd's without buying an add-on like x-box and the gamecube has mario and zelda

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

Is it time for another monthly "WAHT IS TEH BEST CONSOEL" already?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Stormfox1020

It tis indeed fein

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,378 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The xbox and PC may have the best hardware but at the moment the games mostly suck. If you want great games then you should go for the PS2 and Gamecube. ThePS2 is the best in my opinion because it has the most triple A titles. However the Gamecube isn't far behind because it has a lot of good games as well though not as much as the PS2 and Zelda, Metroid and Ikaruga and games that surpass the quality of the games on the other systems (well maybe not FFX).

It's all about games, not the power of the machine.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Stormfox1020

I agree with u man graphics in my Eye dont make a good game, the story nd gameplay makes it a good game. I have an Xbox , GC and PC so i can experience Nintendos Magic such as zelda, metroid, Mario, etc and have great graphics and FPS on my PC and xbox and play online. I think also that online play is very important because it makes a game last way longer Eg, Mohaa i have it since it came out it would of had dust on it by now if it wasnt for its online play if u know wut i mean. Gamecube and PS2 dont yet have much games at all for Online play, PS2 are making an attempt and confirmed that GTA4 will be online at E3, but gamecube are focusing on GC/GBA connectivity which i have and think is a load of dogs bollocks compared to what they could be achieveing by putting games such as Mario Kart, Metroid, Zelda all online. Hopefully they will learn that Online gaming is the way of the future.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,378 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Well I don't have broadband so Online options in games are no good to me. However I'm a bit more skeptical about online play than you are. I think that the companies are putting too much money and effort into selling the online capabilities of their consoles. I don't think that online will take off on consoles yet. The PC will still be the best place to experience online games for in the near future

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

yeh i don't see consoles online being a bit hit because the best games that play online are FPS and playing them without a mouse and keyboard combo is a no go area (well for me anyways) i just can't stick a joypad for fps' but joypad better for everything else

Advertisement