Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some pocket money for you!!!

• 22-06-2003 5:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭

feel free to tell us how it goes, but dont pimp a site under the guise of 'checking it out'

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭Adrian

thats right, no pimping...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,149 ✭✭✭oneweb

From mates who've told me, these things just aren't worth the hassle. They require a minumum of a few hundred/thousand hits in a relatively short time. There are so many clauses that they can say 'you do not qualify for the payout because the world and it's mother hasn't signed up yet'. IMO, you are simply signing yourself and others for a whole load of junkmail or alternatively sending junkmail on behalf of these 'companies'.

I haven't known anyone to make a cent from any of these companies, despite the sites' user testimonials (which were probably written by the Directors)

It's very doubtful that you'll get money simply for doing a once-off signup. Sounds like one of those pyramid dealies, only web-based.

It is what it's.

Well, I get what your saying. They may be a load of crap but I am going to give it a go anyway. Its not like it takes alot of effort anyway. If it ends up that it doesn't work thats ok. At least I will have tried. Thanx for replyin by the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Adrian, your hat looks like a little pyramid.

Look, I don't know much about these programs but technically they are not pyramid schemes cause you aren't paying anything in. Anything you get you get for free or little or know work of just checking your emails

• Advertisement

Whatever you do, I'd recommend that you do not use a personal or work email account for them. Set up a Yahoo account or something else.

It might be worth a try, but I don't think it's worth the hassle or time.

If you go ahead with it, let us know how you get on.

It is what it's.

stop now...

Pyramid scheme? I was talking about your hat looking like a pyramid, nothing to do with schemes.

To be honest though, I think it will all end in tears. There is no such thing as a free lunch and also no such thing as receiving money for clicky linky like monkey funky. Receive emails and we'll pay you! Hey great - sounds so easy and fun. I wouldn't shrug off onewebs advice there Adrian, in fact the very fact that you shrugged off the advice leads me to believe that you intended to go along with doing this spam scheme. The fact that you posted a thread looking for advice and didn't even bat an eye at the advice given to you may even suggest that you do work for them.

Are you trying to garner support or are you seriously looking for advice?

/edit - oh you already signed up when you posted.
    Yeah, let us know how it goes...

hey I'm only 16. Of course I don't work for them. I am looking for opinions but not advice. I don't want someone else to tell me what to do. Ive chosen already to try out this 'free money' and I will tell you how I get on. I've already said I don't care if it doesnt work. Im not trying to be rude or anything but my minds already made up to try out this. thanx though for replyin.

If indeed you don't care then you won't get the money that you think you should be getting - fact.

There will be a smallprint or loophole that will stop you from being paid what you think you are due. Sorry for being cynical, I just never hear of these things working for the small people.

And when I say read the small print - I mean

http://opt-in-pays.com/agreement.php
    Eligibility

Anyone can sign up to be a Opt-in-Pays member. You must be at least 18 years old and of legal age in the state, province or country that you reside to participate. Only one Opt-in-Pays membership per person can be open.

Your mind may be made up but don't let it cloud your judgement.

• Advertisement

I now have read the small print and i know that htey have themselves covered pretty well but if it doesn't cost anything whats the harm.

It may not be monetary cost it could be-
    • Annoying the hell out of your friends
    • An extreme time cost

I dunno, I don't know this company that you talk of. Is it a company? Just throwing out ideas really. Good luck.

gordan thanx for your opinions and pesamisthic views on these thingys. I know that it sounds too good to be true but as I said before I am going to try it anyway. And I welcome anybody to try it out also.

please join the program above it would help me out alot if you did. I won't make anything without your help. Thanx

lmao.

Eh...

...no thanks.

It is what it's.

Ahhhhhahahahahahahaahahahaaaaaaa.

No thanks matey!

I'm sure you don't mind that I'm not going to join this PYRAMID SCHEME?*!^^ as you 'don't care if it doesn't work'?

Yours Paddy20

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

can i have no more of this shíte posted up here please.

i dont want to have any spam mail, pyramid schemes, banner ads, or any other rubbish put here.

heres a warning, if i see another ad like this, i will ban you.

if you are interested in these things then by all means go for it, and feel free to give us all the information, however i do not like your tactics here, and im giving you this one warning.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement