Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

OK, who can recommend me some records?

• 22-06-2003 6:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭

I just got "Got it Made" by Brassy, which is absolutely superb.

Can anyone recommend me some similar hip-hoppy, break-beaty party records?

Also, any compilations that have hard to get 12"s like Beatnuts "Watch out Now" & ODB's "Got your money"?

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

ODB's "Got your money"?
    i've had that on continuous play for the last 2 weeks.. catchy tune.
    ehm, no reccomendations *unless you like techno - in which case get the recent 4 track langley & ed rush disc...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 293 ✭✭Kavs

If ya like a bit of techno ,DK7 new track "The Difference" is kickin.
    I think the guy is from Cork??,Kosheen got a track called "All in my Head" which is pretty catchy too!:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

Can anyone recommend me some similar hip-hoppy, break-beaty party records?

Thanks for the techno tips lads, but not really my scene...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

if its still around pck up that drumattic twins double pack that was floating about a while ago... really diverse eight tracker over two plates with every flavour of breaks on it... everything from funky guitarry breaks to techier stuff... niiiice. that dizzee rascl thingy i forget the name of is kind of cool, look out for anything on bingo records, it belongs to zinc who does drum and bass for true playaz, is a god, and makes a mean breakstep tune too in his spare time... 138trek should be available still as its a future classic era/genre defining tune etc... get the recent aquasky vs masterblaster album its sweet as and has that funky techy edge to it too...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Check out Plump DJs' Fabric Live CD

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

oh yeah, have a look for "freddy fresh - swing badder badder schwing"
    shook my ass something horrible to that this weekend:rolleyes:
    it's a few years old now, i'd almost call it classic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

if its cds yer after get:
    that stanton warriors mix cd
    and
    the bingo beats label compilation mixed and scratched by zinc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

I'm more after vinyl /12"s, but thanks for the recommendations anyhoo

Advertisement