Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Delivery Reports

• 22-06-2003 7:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭

Delivery Reports, used to confirm the delivery of an SMS to it's destination.

I'm polling this because most of my friends use the feature, but apparently, a large percentage of the population don't use them. I think it's a handy service to have.

Simply, do you use them?

Do You Use Delivery Reports? 61 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    78% 48 votes
    Sometimes
    21% 13 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭ondafly

i use it sometimes - but some people I think "abuse" it a way - they see its been received and "expect" an immediate answer !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭okonski

I would imagine people don't use it because it increases their message costs by 100%. You didn't think it was free did you? <g>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭bkehoe

If they cost extra then I've certainly not been paying extra over the last few years ;). Other than my latest bill saying I sent a text message to taiwan, there are no unexpected charges. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

Originally posted by okonski
    You didn't think it was free did you?
    okonski, it doesn't cost a penny! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 933 ✭✭✭mooman_00

Originally posted by okonski
    I would imagine people don't use it because it increases their message costs by 100%. You didn't think it was free did you? <g>

You've a healthy imigination. For the rest of us its free and always has been since txt messaging came about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭oneweb

Always use them. Although had the expiry set to max and started getting failure reports several months later :rolleyes: So I've set it to 3 days now.

Where do people get the idea that they're charged for delivery reports? I've never been. (on O2)

It is what it's.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I don't get charged for delivery reports either, with Vodafone RTG. Mind you, they charge enough as it is for sending text messages! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

They are dead handy if it's an urgent message knowing if someone got it.. Ive never been charged for them once in my whole life i don't think anyone has

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭ciderandhavoc

When they came out first, they were great fun, you could tell when someone turned their phone on, and then play with their minds.

Ah the age of my yoof - how fast it has past.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

When I had a nokia I never used them because of the annoying way they were treated exactly the same as an incoming text message. I use them all the time on my SonyEricsson phone though, it just beeps when the message is delivered and places a tick-mark beside the relevant message in the "sent messages" folder. Handy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭Lukin Black

The latest Nokias (well at least the 3510(i) and 5100) just put up the new message icon, and don't ring like a new message. Although if you don't delete it, and then you get a new message, it'll say "Two New Messages", even though one's the delivery report. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭RichyX

I haven't used delivery reports since I started using Nokia's.
    Even on the newer Nokia's (3510i and 7250i that i have) the system is just as sh*te.
    Always used them on my good old Siemens M35 though.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭greg_f

I never use them because if youi sent a msg to someone and they have there fone turned off than it puts the status to pending status and in extreme times can block new incomming sms till the pending status is cleared :) and this does happen sorry to say,so if you were ever woundering y u got an sms late than that might explain it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭Lukin Black

I've a friend who annoyingly keeps turning his phone off, and so I have reports for pending delivery for ages, but it never affects my incoming messages. I'm on Voodoofone btw, he's on O2.

Advertisement