Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Live Pre-launch Lunch

Options
  • 22-06-2003 11:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭

Microsoft are inviting journalists (and myself) to an Xbox Live Lunch tomorrow.
    Anything you want me to ask Michel Cassius???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭ceejay

What's the subscription cost going to be?

When will the service move out of beta and into full production?

Will they have dedicated Irish game servers, or will we be piggybacking on the UK's servers?

Will they be putting pressure on Irish BB providers to bring to market specific gamer-targeted products?

That's all I can think of for now :)

Ciarán.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

ask em to put presssure on eircon to upgrade more lines for the numbers of gamers out there who cannot connect to xbox live cause eircom are ****e

Regards

Shin

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Eircom is not a problem and is helping, or thats what I was told today by some one at Microsoft.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Originally posted by monument
    Eircom is not a problem and is helping, or thats what I was told today by some one at Microsoft.
    Cause we all know Microsoft wouldnt ever ever lie to us, cause theyre all so nice and Bill is such a standup guy.

Please ask Microsoft to send me money, and i swear ill use it only to buy xbox stuff. :rolleyes:
    Then ask them why they seem to be making xbox live out to be much bigger a success than it really is.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Originally posted by Deadwing
    Cause we all know Microsoft wouldnt ever ever lie to us, cause theyre all so nice and Bill is such a standup guy.

They might not have given straight answers to some of the questions asked, but what your saying is a bit unfair as it's more like Eircom is telling them they will be supporting gaming with broadband. Just like Eircom dropped the price of broadband, just before they were made to do so.

I was told (after they left) that there were four or five people from Eircom as well as some people from Esat BT and some others from another broadband provider at the lunch today (at the time the person couldn’t remember the name of the last company). I'm nearly sure he also said that there were only five journalists present.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

theyd go to something like a microsoft launch but woe betide us all if we want to get a few questions answered from them on the radio shows there booked on, couldnt do that could we eircom might actually learn the truth then

Eircom are always has and always will be this countries biggest problem

Regards

Shin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭[CALIBUR]

Originally posted by shinzon

Eircom are always has and always will be this countries biggest problem

that and Berteh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

Madsl what type of feedback did you get from microsoft to the questions you put too them ?

Advertisement