Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UTV Clicksilver

Options
  • 23-06-2003 12:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭

Is it running off esat dsl exchanges (i.e. those 40) only, or from all eircom dsl-enabled exchanges?

Please be the latter. :p.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 **/<::ë::/\/**

I think its running off the esat exchanges but from what i read in other forums they seem 2 think its running off the eircom ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Think it's running from Esat exchanges where available and eircom's everywhere else.

I've also heard that they'll only be using Esat for their business product.

Dunno if that true, I do know that it will be running off eircom's bitstream offer, so it'll be available in all eircom's DSL enabled exchanges.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Thanks a bunch *giggle of excitement* Off I go to order :)!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 elsoldemayo

I've done the initial test on both Eircom's and UTV's websites for DSL. Eircom says I can order BB, but the UTV page says it is not available in my area (Leixlip - Oaklawn area) yet.
    Can anyone from UTVip tell me why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MrPinK

UTV probably are reading from an out-of-date database. The eircom site should have the latest results. I'd say you're good to go. Mail UTV and get them to check again, telling them that eircom passed you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 47 elsoldemayo

I sent a mail to UTV support asking why I can get Eircom dsl but not their package. Below is the less than informative reply.

Hi

I'm afraid I can't give you any more information on this apart from the fact that the database we use for our checks if the most up to date.

Charles McRobert
    Technical Support Supervisor
    UTV Internet

Advertisement