Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy Cheap Digital Cam ?

• 23-06-2003 9:06am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,162 ✭✭✭

Looking for an el cheapo Digital Camera as a present for someone.

Specs are: 2.1MP or above with Optical Zoom. Must be a decent name and take good pics.......

Current leader is Kodak DC4230 from Komplett @219 Euro.

Not interested in non-brand names such as Lidl's Aiptek, and not interested in US based stores.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

Argos are doing one a polariod 2.1 million pixels, 129 euro's or you can buy a upgrade packet for 189euro's you get a 64 MB fuji card and a leather case aswell, the card on it own it worth around 60 euro's
    It is a good little camera and you can use it as a webcam aswell.
    not a bad deal for 190 euro's :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭whosurpaddy

Originally posted by Mac daddy
    Argos are doing one a polariod 2.1 million pixels, 129 euro's or you can buy a upgrade packet for 189euro's you get a 64 MB fuji card and a leather case aswell, the card on it own it worth around 60 euro's
    It is a good little camera and you can use it as a webcam aswell.
    not a bad deal for 190 euro's :)

id reccomend the camera itself, but save your money on the upgrade deal, u can pick up the memory card much cheaper on komplett (i got the 128mb version for about 1/3 the price argos are charging for the same card) also marx computers do em quite cheap. if u live near fairview, u could pick it up direct & save the delivery

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,162 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

I always use Komplett for Memory for my own camera.

Does anyone have any sample pics taken with the camera ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭skywalker_208

that Kodak DC4230 looks good but pity it doesnt have a screen....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,162 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Yeah it does, it has a 1.6inch screen. I held it in my hands and took a few sample pics with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭patch

Would somebody link to a decent review, preferably with pictures, for the argos camera?

Also, the process of buying cheap memory for it......is camera memory standard, or are there many types?

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭skywalker_208

ah so it does have a screen!!! cool!! so thats shaping up to be the camera for me so far! :-) unless i get any other suggestions or serious downsides!

Advertisement