Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Mobile Connect Card

• 23-06-2003 10:25am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭

I recently got one of those pcmcia mobile connect cards from vodafone for my laptop and was wondering if anyone knows of any software i can get to make voice calls on it.

The sw it somes with only lets me connect via gprs / although i can make GSM data calls through hyperterm... just cant seem to make voice calls.

Can Anyone Help...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭okonski

I've removed the Vodafone s/w and used the default Option s/w package, but it doesn't work. Apart from requiring the purchase of a headset (supplied free with the Option card in other territories), I'm not sure if it will require a firmware flash to open up the card for voice calls. However, as I had a Nokia Data Card which DID do voice calls, and I never used it, it's not a high priority - although I agree it could be usefyl, and a mystery why they chose to limit the functionality.

I gather there's a Series 2 card on the way, which doesn't have this limitation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭sci0x

No you can't make voice calls on it :( but you can send text messages directly from your notebook with it if thats any good to u.

Advertisement