Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

question

• 23-06-2003 11:35am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭

Question:
    how do you uninstall the drivers for your onboard Graphics card, when ya want to install a new graphics card??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Put new graphics card in the agp slot.
    Go into your BIOS menu and disable onboard graphics... thats about it... windows should pick up the rest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭king_of_inismac

Nope, have tried all that and that hasn't worked. AFAIK the On-board graphics card is auto matically disabled when a card is inseted into the AGP slot. The card works fine until I try to play BF1942 or any other taxing game, then the screen fuks up...
    Ive tried everything I can think off, and now wanna try uninstalling the drivers for the OB graphics card

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

well since the ob graphics wouldnt be used in any way when your playing the game i cant see how it could affect the game . whats the rest of the hardware in the computer ?

im guessing you have the latest version of the game and ur drivers ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭king_of_inismac

yep, and have downloaded three different drivers since I got the card. The motherboard is a Gigabyte board with an athlon1800. Ive moved the pci modem to slot 2 since i think a conflict can occur sometimes.The graphics card is an ATI 8500 BTW

Advertisement