Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 small questions

• 23-06-2003 1:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭

firstly I have a friends dell and I suspect the motherboard is acting up . its just over a year old so im guessing that its out of warrienty

its one of the newish dells with the motherboard with a spiecal connection to connect all the front power button , restart and lights …

my question is can I get a piece to connect any motherboard to this or can someone tell me where I can buy a motherboard like this one .( not from dell but if you have there phone number I might ring them later )

secondly I got one of those targa laptops a while back and its running perfect apart from one tiny thing .( I know its to do with the powersaving but I cant find a way to turn it off )
    The xp 2200 chip constantly runs at 800 MHz according to all the software i've use’d to read the CPU. I was told recently that it was something that win 2k doesn’t support and that’s why it’s running at this speed. my question is can win 2k support these new processors to there proper speeds ? or is xp the only one at the moment to support them ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

Had the same prob myself with a compaq running Xp, the different power options (always on, presentation...) have different running speeds. Just set mine to Always on or minimal power saving. - Youve prob tried this...... but sure anyway.
    Ps make sure there isint tagra software controling it aswell. Ie on the sony laptops the Viao software controls the power saving options and changing it in xp wont affect it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

running 2k atm hate xp

been looking in the bios for somthing that could controle it but so far nothing

Advertisement