Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Im not happy about the way the For Sale Board is being moderated....!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭Vexorg

Muppet the off trading forum rule has been in place since before you were a member, just to be clear about that point, can you let me know what rule change you are refering to please.

Thx

V.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Just reading back over the posts in this thread and a thought occurred to me.

From the posts I gather that tomnoc sent the PM to the muppet there fore should the mod not get permission from tomnoc to read the PM and not the muppet. This would then maybe settle this argument finally.

Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

boards.ie isn't a business they probably have every right to read PM .. they probably don't have a moral right but have a right

I think sometimes it can be a bit harsh, but if you don't like it dont use it

my 2c

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Devour

Can I take it that you are confirming that there is no evidence of off thread dealing regarding the post which started this thread.
    No you cant

Can you please then post the evidence here for all to see?

Hi Vexorg.

As we have seen no evidence of off thread dealing in the post which stated this debate the timing of the rules implementation is irrelevant to this argument.

Muppet

Typical internet misunderstanding;
    Out Of Interest did this off thread dealing you talk of in message headers occur before or after the rule change on the for sale forum . Something does not ring true to me with this.

It appeared that you wanted an answer and you felt that some underhand adjustments mad taken place.

Vex.

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Here is the order of events:

You put up a For Sale.

Tomnoc said "PM sent".

Vex banned him.

This thread starts.

I ask you for permission to access your PM's

Eventually you gave it.

I accessed your PM's looking for the one from Tomnoc only to discover you have deleted it and you knew it had been deleted when you gave me permission.

In looking for the PM from Tomnoc I noticed a number of (surprisingly UNdeleted) PM's which appear to be off board trading. I havent read them but they refer to a laptop from a user called smccarrick. (I know that because they are addressed to an from that userid). I have not read them but will if you allow it.

Just so that we all understand whats going on here.

DeV

I accessed your PM's looking for the one to Tomnoc

I Never said I Sent a Pm To Tomnoc.
    In looking for the PM from Tomnoc I noticed a number of (surprisingly UNdeleted) PM's which appear to be off board trading.

He must not be a neat as I am . Why keep read pms ? You should ask him.
    I have not read them but will if you allow it.

I dont undestand. Why are you looking for permission from me to access another users Private Messages. (surprisingly UNdeleted)

I dont see the relevanc of tomnoc other pms to this thread and again i remind you that you agreed to only deal with the pms between tomnoc and myself .

you appear to be ignoring my last post see below. Could you please post the evidence

Devour

Can I take it that you are confirming that there is no evidence of off thread dealing regarding the post which started this thread.

quote:
    No you cant

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I meant "from tomnoc".

You know damn ****in' well you deleted the PM. The PM's I want permission to read are YOURS to the laptop dealer smccarrick.

I wont read them without your permission.

I'll talk to tomnoc and see what (s)he says... Reread my post now that I have corrected that typo.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

i know officially have a pain my royal hole.
    and i still havent bothered to read the charter.

perhaps if Devore could just staight his questions and then not reply until the muppet has given the answers we could save ourselves some reading time?

by the way, can you stop quoting the no you cant thing muppet?
    i keep getting deja vu feelings that im not quite comfortable with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Thorbar

Its funny how The Muppet's tone has changed so dramatically since Devore let slip he can look at the back up posts. I wonder what he has to hide? What will be the next twist the the Slippery Muppet Saga!?!

• Advertisement

The PM's I want permission to read are YOURS to the laptop dealer smccarrick.
    What relevance does this have to this thread . You only looked for permission to see the pms concerning tomnoc and myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Hah The Muppet you are one slippery little frog! I smell a troll!

Speaking of trolls...
    WWM - I am not surprised you didn't read the charter, not every forum actually has a charter...

/troll

The Muppet - if you are indeed for real - your amphibiosity sure does reek of a slight odour of Fish of the Day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

I love to boast, and I love to fall over, I guess it's one of my sins.

Am I being blamed for this *again.. Mercie?

yours Gordon20

So you think the rules suk, dont make sense, the mods suk and you wouldnt like to see them fall from the pedastels and hurt them selves...

Well now you too can make a difference...

Your opportunity to change the rules for the For Sale Forum, if you really feel they are unfair, have a think about making a real contribution to the community here...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Originally posted by The Muppet
    What relevance does this have to this thread . You only looked for permission to see the pms concerning tomnoc and myself.

If you've done nothing wrong, whatcha got to worry about? :)

BuffyBot

If The Relevance of this message to the current thread is explained to me I may give access to it. As the message in question is FROM smcarrick to me and two months old I do not understand how it has any relevance to this thread.

Everyone reading this thread can see what Devore is up to. If He was a man of his word he would stick to the point instead of trying to broaden the argument. If he is genuinely concerned about my other Private Messages I am prepared to enter into discussion with him in an appropriate forum, NOT on this Thread.

DeVore

Just To Clarify The Position. I was asked for permission to access the pm that started this thread . I have given that permission but no evidence of wrong doing was found . I gave permission as requested to access the backups with the same outcome .
    How far are you prepared to go to find evidence that both I and tomnoc have told you simply does not exist.? What’s your next request? My Email Account Password.

Vextorg 8-)

I have followed your link . It Seems democracy has broken out. Maybe it is now time to end this.

Gordon

Your Taunts are neither helpful to the situation or constructive. (Trolling is the appropriate Term I Think)
    I would like to remind you that I am now dealing directly with Organ Grinder Not the Monkeys.

Originally posted by The Muppet
    Devour
    <snip>

quoted for posterity. It will make sense soon.

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Originally posted by Gordon
    Hah The Muppet you are one slippery little frog! I smell a troll!

Speaking of trolls...
    WWM - I am not surprised you didn't read the charter, not every forum actually has a charter...

/troll

The Muppet - if you are indeed for real - your amphibiosity sure does reek of a slight odour of Fish of the Day.

I am currently not controlling any trolls at the moment. I have enough problems working out who I am to be pretending to be anybody else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 DEATHGIVER2003

YEH! WAZENT MEH EYEDER!

This thread awaits one very specific post from The Muppet and then will be locked.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

/me was ere

posted for posterity..........

• Registered Users Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭patch

Originally posted by DeVore
    This thread awaits one very specific post from The Muppet and then will be locked.

DeV.

Why don't ye just throw The Muppet in jail for time wasting? As far as I can see everybody else here has been more than reasonable. He's been given every chance possible, now's the time to react to his acting the maggot.

Because despite what people think ... we're not jackboot wearing nazis.

That isnt to say I like having my chain jerked.

DeV.

/me does a monkey dance for the muppet while trying ever so hard to taunt the tauntee

and then /me blows a rasp at the poster below :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

Devore,

in fairness to the masses who await with baited breath, could you just clarify one thing. Was there any off-board trading between The Muppet and tomo'whocares? i.e. Have you established that there was or was not?

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement