Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Astro Turf Soccer League

• 23-06-2003 4:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭

Just wondering how many teams/people would be interested in starting an astro turf league.

Getting into nitty gritty's can come later. We'll need someone with good contacts to get us a pitch for more than one night a week, referees etc.....

I'm just trying to get a feel for it.

I personally would like to either be part of a team that is already competing in one or help organise a new league. I already play twice a week, but its not competitve.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭ciano

I'd probably be interested. But where are you thinking of ... Dublin?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭tomED

sorry forgot the web was accessible to people out side Dublin ;-)!

Nah - only kidding, yeah sorry should have made it clearer, Dublin would be where Im talking of for me! But im sure there are enough people to get one going for outside dublin - then we could have an all ireland final at the end of each season!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭tinofapples

I played in one a couple of months ago , they actually have a web site "www.astro.ie". the compettitive edge was enjoyable . The only down side to it was the price went up to €90 , somebody somewhere was making a nice few pound on it.

Btw , the one I played in was Galway , all those games were played in Oranmore , they've since began alternating games between and Mervue (Galway) .

Originally posted by tinofapples
    I played in one a couple of months ago , they actually have a web site "www.astro.ie". the compettitive edge was enjoyable . The only down side to it was the price went up to €90 , somebody somewhere was making a nice few pound on it.

I played in that one aswell with the company im with. The competitive edge is very good. And yes, the guy who runs it is making a killing on it. A friend of mine knows him and apparently he lives off the cash he makes. Lucky b**tard!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

Originally posted by ciano
    and apparently he lives off the cash he makes

and what do you live off? oddly shaped stones?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭50Cent

lol...hes harldly living off his own crap now is he!?

Originally posted by ButcherOfNog
    and what do you live off? oddly shaped stones?

yes, yes i do. :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Only played in it when it was in Mervue but it was a good competition until I got my leg destroyed by some fruitcake!! :mad:

Thought it was well run

Ciano ,
    What team were you playing with ? Hibernian was it ?

I was surprised there was never any serious/nasty injuries , the surface was fairly unforgiven , that along with the competitive edge could have been dangerous !! Especailly when you factor in a fruitcake or two or even just someone awkard or late

• Advertisement

Originally posted by tinofapples
    Ciano ,
    What team were you playing with ? Hibernian was it ?

I was playing with cardbase. was about a year ago. cant remember what division we were in. think it might have been div 2.

who are/were you playing with?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭johnnynolegs

i would be interested in playing in this definitely

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭BKtje

Would be interested in playing in this depengin on where/when.
    Also as long as the standard isnt too high, im fairly woeful (well decent in nets i guess). On the plus side im fairly fit :p

I was playing with a team rather stupidly called "Blazing Glory" , we played from Oct/Nov last year till Jan/Feb this year.

It was a bit of craic but once they uped the entrance I said fuk this someone cleaning up here !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭Yerac

In case anyone's looking to make up numbers, I'd be interested in this too, again as long as the standard wasn't too high. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭alienhead

me and a few mates would be interested too, my fitness level is good, but my skill is crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 rollover

id be interested and im a pretty good player but im from galway so i guess thats a problem

Advertisement