Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thief

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Hey Hobbes you ever down Texas/Austin way?
    I'm going to be here for a few more months after christmas ?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

I had planned to be over Christmas... However other plans have stopped me from going. I will be there, but not until proberly until March at the earliest.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

Just thought I'd get this thread back on track....

Yep! Just bought thief on Saturday and I've been playing it all weekend. What a ***** hard game!! It's like the Anti-Quake, no gibbing, it takes a bit of getting used to (sneaking up behind and coshing someone, and actually being supposed to 'camp'!!) Graphics are great! Mind you, I don't have an accelerator card (c'mon Santa!) so it's running a bit slow sometimes. And that's on a P266 32mb ram!! 284mb install is a bit harsh though, and it still needs to access the CD! (hehe, my old 'puter only had a 200Mb HD).

A question..

Can you blackjack undead? Haven't tried it yet and not sure I want to after going sword to claw with one (in the mines)! Barely got away then came back a peppered it with arrows (that took a while!). Then I found the chapel... bloody Typical!

Anyway, I'm onto the BoneHoard, looks good so far.. BTW: what is the procedure for backstabbing? Instant kill? Work better on undead than just hacking away?

Great game! Highly recommended!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Yep, backstabbing pretty much will give you a instant kill, depends on how accurate you are. Never tried blackjacking the undead.

Makes a change doesn't it having a character that can barely lift the sword much less it with it.

Advertisement