Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scarification and Branding

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

I'm not sure what you're getting at here. Are you confusing self harming with scarification?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭hitlersson666

nope well i might idk :? anyway the people who do it go for a design so i might me self-harm with a twist????? hmm..............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

i know a fair few folks with scarification, they're far from emo and not at all into self harm. They just wanted something different from the regular tattoo or piercing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

nope well i might idk :? anyway the people who do it go for a design so i might me self-harm with a twist????? hmm..............
    So what would you call it if a piercer was to perform a piercing on themself? or a tattoo artist was to do a tattoo on themself?

If they're self harmers, then we're no better ourselves, paying people posing under the guise of a professional artist to scar and deform our bodies forever.. what were we thinking :pac::o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭hitlersson666

i see your point (i pierced my lip and septum myself but i used proper needles and jewellery)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 bulletbreaker

Hey. I'm doing a 30 minute radio show on bodyart. Part of the show is going to be about scarification. If anybody on this thread would like to take part can you pm me please.If you have gotten or would like to get scarification art done or you know someone who has we would like to chat to them. Or if your against it or whatever please let me know. If anyone has any contacts that might like to take part aswell could they pass this on to them. The show is gonna be on the whole topic of bodyart so if ppl have any opinions, stories, or even info they think we should cover on any area and would like to take part please don't hesitate to get in touch. I suppose what we want to do is get a regular show on the topic of body art from piercings to branding and everything in between. So to keep it fresh we need info in all areas and interesting topics and stories about the industry and this seems like a good place to start. It doesnt have to be just scarification so if you know someone with implants or interested in suspension that would be really cool. If it's not yourself but just someone you know that might wanna talk about any aspect of the above please just mention it to them as it's a little talked about area that the majority might might look down on so people involved might want to talk about the issue. Hope this post is still alive :) Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Govedge22

Hello! Can anyone tell me if people have scarification or extreme body modification done for symbolic, meaningful reasons or to conform to a certain image? I'm doing a project on tattoos and body modification and trying to understand the reasons behind people's choices to get this extreme modification done to their bodies - Is it considered 'Art'? Any advice or information would be greatly appreciated!! Thank you!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Govedge22 wrote: »
    Hello! Can anyone tell me if people have scarification or extreme body modification done for symbolic, meaningful reasons or to conform to a certain image? I'm doing a project on tattoos and body modification and trying to understand the reasons behind people's choices to get this extreme modification done to their bodies - Is it considered 'Art'? Any advice or information would be greatly appreciated!! Thank you!!

Yes we all conform to an image so we don't conform with people. We're deep like that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

I think scarification can be really beautiful and I do have a design I'd like. I'd be quite wary of it though. I'd have to see a pretty expansive portfolio before letting anyone go near me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭looking_around

I know this is bumping an old thread..but the question is still relative, and thought maybe being a few years, things would be different.

Are they? is there more tattooist/piercers willing to do this?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

I know kay(not sure which shop) did an awesome sauce job on wills piece

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭looking_around

ah, that's grand.

I'll probably look into getting something done when I visit a mate in the states.. branding being more accepted there, so should be easier to find someone with some experience s:.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Talula_d

Hey,
    There's a place in Drogheda that does scarification, not sure of the name but ive seen some of his stuff and it looks pretty good!maybe google a tattoo shop in Drogheda and see!?

Advertisement