Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

should I be honest about only wanting a summer job?

• 23-06-2003 9:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭

I've been looking for jobs for the past few days since I finished the leaving cert (again), and if all goes well I'll start in college (pleasedon'thavefailedmaths) in September.

It's bloody hard to get jobs, so should I lie about only being available till September?
    Practically it's probably useful, morally it feels a bit crappy.
    It's just that all the jobs I think I'd be good at given my lack of qualifications are like.. data entry, customer service, tech support etc, and people hiring for those jobs appear to want people with degrees (to answer a phone and tell someone to plug in their pc ffs?).
    They also expect people to want to do it as a career and not something to hoard some money together over the summer.

Any suggestions?

zynaps

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 379 ✭✭Carnate

IMHO

Be as honest as you can.

best option for when your starting out after the leaving!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭zynaps

I guess it might seem a bit suspect if I had just finished the leaving cert to then claim to have no intention of doing anything next year except stay in a mindless desk job ;)

Advertisement