Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Damn Cyclists!!

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Originally posted by Corega
    Ehhh stfu. I don't hug ****ing tree's. I just don't want to pay insurance on a car. Furthermore I don't break traffic lights because they are, as already stated, a chance to take a rest. Motorists: get over the fact that something using pedal power can overtake you in traffic.

Fine but do it legally, and in a way that doesn't cause a problem for other road users.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Originally posted by MadsL
    Ricardo, did you already fall on your head!?! Or are you just trolling..Maybe I should spell it out for you to be sure..I was being IRONIC!!!! Pssk!

No, really. Because I was making a VERY serious point.

All those stats prove is that one form of transport is more popular than another. Not that one is inherently less safe than another.

Its like those Donkey/Airplanes stats thats oft quoted. Yeah right.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

@ Ricardo - Serious point. Really.
    I would have thoughtiIst very hard to fall on your head as a pedestrian

No, but it's very easy to have your brains splattered all over the pavement by a p*ss*d driver.
    Its like those Donkey/Airplanes stats thats oft quoted. Yeah right.

So often that I haven't a clue WTF you are talking about.

I would give you per billion kilometers travelled statistics but it is very hard to find them as tracking how far pedestrians walk is kind of tricky. Personally I've found that in most stats Motorcyclist come out as being the riskiest group. A bit unfair as the graduated rider training has really helped in reducing deaths, the ones getting killed are now the born-again bikers aged 40+.

But (suprise) Ireland has the highest rate of Motorcyclists killed in Europe.
    (I still think about you, Ian. RIP)

Advertisement