Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The GTA rumour mill

Options
  • 23-06-2003 11:32pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Ive been hearing afew GTA rumours as of late, and wondering if anyone knew anything more or has heard anything differently.

Now it was announced that the next GTA will be a PS2 exclusive, but it is also known that the licence for the current GTA series is up soon, and so rumours are afoot that GTA 3 or GTA:VC are heading for XBOX..... far fetched, but heres hoping.

Also i heard that the GTA folk want an entirely seperate game for PC which would be online rather than just have it as a last minute addition to a new title. that would be cool. I remember after GTA 2, when rumours of a 3D GTA (wow!!!) were flying, theyre was also word of some kind of GTA:online vice squad or something like that...... so perhaps that is the same thing, just a long time in production

Anyone else know of any GTA rumours??

Flogen

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

i haven't heard any rumours BUT i would love to be able to swim in those games. so many times i have drowned :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

They should just make GTA:nice city.
    You can go around helping old ladies cross the road, stop nasty criminals, (using non violence, just show them the error of their ways) and go to Mass every sunday. And NOT feel up the altar boys.

I actually heard whats gonna happen is, theyre making a new GTA, using the same engine as vice city, it will more than likely be set in the 70's, in San andreas (GTA1's 3 cities were liberty city, vice city, and san andreas, y'see) and it will more than likely be out late 2003 (get that all important xmas market) or early 2004.
    Meanwhile, development is going on on an all new GTA, that will (apparrently) be as big a leap from GTA3 + VC, as GTA3 was from the original ps1 game, and will apparrently be released on ps3. All speculation, natch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

Ok rumours.....i have been looking for any single TIDBIT of info on GTA: Next for aaages. this is what i know so far

• It is most likely going to be GTA: San Andreas, since in the original GTA there were three cities, Vice City, San Andreas and Liberty city. This title would finish off the trilogy.
      This means San francisco hills & some sort of golden gate bridge, Beverly hills, hollywood, beaches, lotsa Californian shtuff, you know yourself.
    • However, there was talk a while back of a GTA: SinCity ie. Las Vegas
    • There are a few possibilites for time setting. The 60's (hippies in san fran.) 70's (funk & fro pics) or, according to IGN's rumour mill, set during the L.A. riots of the early 90's. There's also the possibilty of a present day setting
    • When the exclusivity contract is up w/ Sony, the game will most likely be released on the other 2 consoles (money talks)
    • In a recent press release, Rockstar stated that the next GTA will be out in late (Novemberish) 2004, so we're in for a long wait
    • The next game will be the last for the Ps2, it will be pretty much the same gameplay-wise as Vice, but you can be sure that there will be plenty, PLENTY of lotsa new fun stuff ;)
      The true GTA4 will be released on the Ps3, and is expected to beas big of a jump from GTA2 > GtA3

There is a brilliant website which scoures the web for info on GTA, and any new news will be on here as soon as it is known.

Gouranga

It's pretty much early days yet, but the build up to the next GTA will start early next year most likely, so until then you'll have to sit on yo' ass!

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭kamobe

God damn multiplayer. What happened to the muliplayer PC version of Vice City!?! It would have been so perfect :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

Multiplayer would be VERY nice, who knows, maybe in the next GTA, most likely in GTA4. There is a multiplayer released for GTA2 i think it is, but apparently it's very buggy & you can't leave your car. But, over time, they will get better and who knows, maybe in a while multiplayer will be released for Vice City

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Stormfox1020

Yea Multi player would of been good but wut the hell would you do???

Have a round of Golf at leafy links using that EA tiger woods golf game engine but u could kill your caddy and ****. Co-op missions woulda been kool, races i guess, Dirtring thing actually yea there woulda been loads to do. Awell we'll have to wait for the next one :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

Originally posted by Stormfox1020

Well in the original GTA, it had multiplayer, and there were a few game modes, like cannon ball runs and stuff(can't remember the other ones). Also there is a multiplayer mod for GTA3 called gta:mta. It has a deathmatch mode. I haven't played it yet though so i dunno what its like. They r supposedly working on one for VC too.

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭kamobe

What would you do in Multiplayer!?! *GASP* :eek:

Endless possibilities! It's far more fun running around a city looking for your mate so ya can try and kill him then playing the missions for a second/third time. Think of the gang wars and such that could be set-up... It would be fantastic :D

Or in the stadium u could have like a trick contest or races. Street races, jus doin wateva the hell u want lol. oh and u could make your own gangs 2 and choose who u hate lol that would be awesome, and use ur cell fone as a Messenger device and u could chat to people lol, good damn u rockstar make it online already

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

Originally posted by Stormfox1020

you could pick which gang to join, and have war's spilling onto the streets, street race, own your own garage to mod and tune up your cars, what about jumping onto a plane and doing a drug deal, you could join the cops, fire service army etc. the ideas are limitless, if not too far fetched

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

i recall seing something about GTA (or GTA4): Gangbang - set in the mafia times (1930's to 1950's that sorta timeframe)...more rumors but i assume that'd be more likely considering we've had the normal modern gta, older 1980's type gta and etc. but does that mean after gangbang (if thats real) that we'll have something like GTA: Cattle Rustler? (wait, that could be fun) or even GTA: Jurassic Gangs? (or some such names) think of the flinstones except with mass murdering and hi-jackings of..er...dinosaurs...

/takes cloak off hanger and wanders out to waiting horse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Originally posted by Aragorn
    i recall seing something about GTA (or GTA4): Gangbang - set in the mafia times (1930's to 1950's that sorta timeframe)...more rumors but i assume that'd be more likely considering we've had the normal modern gta, older 1980's type gta and etc. but does that mean after gangbang (if thats real) that we'll have something like GTA: Cattle Rustler? (wait, that could be fun) or even GTA: Jurassic Gangs? (or some such names) think of the flinstones except with mass murdering and hi-jackings of..er...dinosaurs...

/takes cloak off hanger and wanders out to waiting horse
    That GTA:Gangbang article was an april fools joke printed in CVG magazine...didnt you recognise the cover art for the box was just the cover of the movie "The untouchables"? *L*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

er...i read it on teh intarnet...and it was just a bit of text no picture. come to think of it, that was a bit suspicious...

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭BoobeR

*cough* http://www.gta3mta.tk *cough* :p

Advertisement