Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possible new channels in the future on NTL

• 24-06-2003 1:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭

NTL in the UK have just secured Sky One Mix, Sky Travel, Sky Travel Extra, The Amp, Flaunt and Scuzz. Previously you could only get these on Sky Digital.
    Whether you like them or not, these seem to be the type of channels that NTL here favours having here and we will more than likely see them at some point.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

by reselling SKY - it's not a question of which provider do you use but how do I see SKY channels.

Roll on July 14th :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

I wouldn't mind having sky one mix but the rest are a load of crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

Originally posted by innisfree
    Whether you like them or not, these seem to be the type of channels that NTL here favours having here and we will more than likely see them at some point.
    I would not care for them - I'd rather get some of the extra BBC channels. The Sky channels are probably cheaper, though. If NTL Ireland started showing this stuff, I'd probably just switch to satelite and be done with it. I could then get the BBC channels off another satelite.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

I'd probably rather the BBC channels orite.

I wonder if we'll get E4 +1. Seems like the sh!t NTL would like.
    (please god no ! , we already have a sh1t channel we dont need it timeshifted :mad: :mad: )

What are the chances of NTL getting any of the BBC channels anyway ???

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

,they are also producers of programs same as BBC UTV RTE ETC...

The programs are made by independent companies who also make programs for all the other channels. Also the programming is funded by ADs - so SKY are really acting as middle men - just curious to know how much "creative input/control" they have or use. The other channels listed all have a history of making and selling programs as opposed to just buying them in...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭Señor Juárez

none of these channels seem to inspiring, tbh...

surely they can givus something better instead??

btw will these come free on teh basic NTL analogue package, or are you referring to digital only?

Advertisement