Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ati 9800 pro 128mb or 256mb?

• 24-06-2003 10:29am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭

To finish off building my Ninja Bastard God Emperor PC, Im gonna bite the bullet and get a ATI card, as the newer g-Force cards, 5900 FX is as loud as a brass band in a tin shed. Now after looking around the net and reading all the reviews I can find, I cant see any reasion for paying the extra €150 for the 256mb version.

The only time the 256mb version scores higher is when fassx6 and x8 are used in a benchmark at some stupid resolution. Seeing as how this will never happen on my home system, I fail to see the need to fork out the extra reddies for the 256mb card.

So this is where Im looking for the tech heads and other ATI fans to give me there input :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Bannor

I'd recommend getting the 9700 and not the 9800. The increase in performance doesn't warrant the increase in price.

The 9700 offers the best value for money and it's also a DX9 card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

http://www6.tomshardware.com/graphic/20030604/index.html

I'd say that article should make your choice a lot easier, and personally i think it should be between the 9700 and the 9800!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

I'd just read that review after posting this thread. Think it will be just the 128mb version for me and a 5.1 speaker setup with the cash Im saving :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

hehe good good :p, gwan the surround sound!!

Advertisement