Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with boards & IE (pic attached)

Options
  • 24-06-2003 11:17am
    Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I have this problem when visiting boards, its odd. it was working grand one minute then this just started happening,
    restarted too.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

in that you cant attach pics?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Give me a sec Baz, I had to upload it first :p
    http://www.sleepygeek.org/~oj/prob.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Browser version, maybe doing an update to IE6sp1

Or to save hassle : www.mozilla.org and grab moz1.31 - 12megs or so

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Is it just on the Boards homepage or on all pages with the toolbar Lenny? (You didn't need to post a full screenshot! :))

Oh, and are the links actually there? When you mouseover where they're supposed to be, does the cursor change?

adam

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Sorry about the big file :p
    No, there is no links behind the drop downs,
    Would have have any other sites with a drop down toolbar off your head that I could try too.. ?

• Advertisement

Bizarre. The fact that the dropdown is showing up like that suggests that JavaScript hasn't been turned off, and the size of it suggests that there's content in the DIVs. Hmmm. You might have just been unlucky and hit Boards when the menus update was happening, try a forced refresh (CTRL+F5). If that doesn't work, try clearing your cache, closing your browser and reopening it.

adam

When was the boards menu update done?
    The refresh didn't work.. and neither did clearing the cache in the norton utilies...
    I am downloading ie6 now see if that fixes it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

The EXACT same thing is happening to me lenny. Its been at it all morning. Nothing to do with versions as ive been running boards on this machine and install for the last year or so (one of the machines in work).

Win2k and IE5

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭flav0rflav

me three.

someone move this to Admin/Feedback.

I see moonman seems to have the problem too
    I was running W2K & IE5
    I am after updating to ie 6 there(it only downloaded less than a meg) and its solved now that I'm running ie6

• Advertisement

Originally posted by flav0rflav
    me three.

someone move this to Admin/Feedback.

Move to support, cause in feedback only people who made the topic can reply,

That's the support forum Lenny. Moved to Feedback, it does seem to be an issue with the menus. Someone might want to merge this and...

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=102368

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I'm using IE5.50 on Win 2k and its fine.

Kryptonian skin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Same prob for meh but it only goes to games
    im on win 2k and ie 5 and was working fine last night

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I'll bring this to our techie high-priests' attentions...

Thanks for the report...

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭ciano

im havin' the same problem. Im using IE5 and WinNT ... if thats any use to you.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Is this happening on all pages or just the front page?

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

All pages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

All pages

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

I'm on win2k pro & IE5 and it's happening on all pages for me too.

Dregin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

Any better now?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

Originally posted by Regi
    Any better now?

That's much better. Good job.

We've no idea why that happened, nothing changed last night (though I spent a good few minutes looking closely at Crash_000's nick cos I made him mod of CTYI last night, not that that could affect it but , well, you get all paranoid in these situations!).

After ...um ... careful technical inspection, we have ah, resolved the issue. (ok we hit it with a big stick. a lot... we've no idea why that seems to have fixed it but it works now and I mean, after all, in the tech industry isnt that all that matters? :):) )

Any further odd happenings, please report it here.
    Anyone still getting this problem (after a Shift+F5 refresh) ?

DeV.

Working grand for me,
    thanks!" :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 933 ✭✭✭mooman_00

Ya working perfect cheers lads..................

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

fEex0rD :D

Advertisement