Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Interested in Baseball?

• 24-06-2003 11:28am
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi

In Dublin there is a healthy baseball/softball scene. I manage a softball team in Dublin South and we are always looking for new players - both men and women.

Softball is a more recreational form of baseball and is consists of teams made up of 5 men and 5 women - fully co-ed. The term softball comes from the pitching action - underarm throw as opposed to the fast overarm pitch of baseball.

If you are interested in getting involved or just want more information just post here and i'll get back to you.

The game is great fun and is run on week nights so it shouldn't interfere with any other sports that you might be involved in.

Hyzepher

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Surely there is someone out there who would enjoy the crack of the bat as you sail a home run over the fence.

Hyzepher

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 stira64

im sure that baseball can be good fun to play. however one drunken night me and a friend watched a game of baseball and we nearly fell asleep, it was incredibly boring.im sure its good once you get into it, but it really isnt such an exciting game.

plus the players all looked like the could be in the special olympics

its just nowhere near as spectacular as american football-the most brutal sport in the world!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i'm actually like watching baseball but there is never any on the telly but playing now might be a bit different

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

i enjoy watching MLB on television but Dublin is too far to travel to play

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Softball is different to baseball in one significant way - pitching is done underarm. Therefore the game is more of a hitting extravaganza than the boring baseball strike, strike, strike. This makes it more enjoyable to play and watch.

The fact that it is 5 girls, 5 guys makes it interesting as well ;)

btw - there are teams outside Dublin.

Hyzepher

• Advertisement
Advertisement