Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would you be interested???

Options
  • 24-06-2003 1:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭

Just putting the feelers out.... I'm thinking about trying to get a traditional jazz band together. Along the style of Ella Fitzgerald/Peggy Lee
    I would be looking for drummer/clarinet/double bass/trumpet/piano players - this would be at least 3 months of intensive rehearsals with the objective of playing gigs everywhere and anywhere from jazz bars to support slots to weddings. I've been asking around clubs in town and there's a big interest. So do you have talent - want to do something with it/? Post reply or send me a pm

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

i know people who would like to see that sort of thing... ain't really my tast though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Velvet Vocals

Sweet, well if I get it sorted I'll post here and let you know what the deal is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 239 ✭✭nellieswellies

A bit off topic, but you should check out the beer garden in the Wishing Well pub Blackrock on a Sunday between 4 and 7pm theres a couple of guys there doing exactly what your describing
    Double Bass, Guitar, Trumpet, Clarnet/alto Sax and Drums, you should go and see if they can point youin the right direction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Keithaburke

This kind of thing never asks for guitarists.

I'll go and see yee thou,

Keith

Sorry, I should have said - I already have a guitarist - a very good one too, and thanks to the singers that replied but I'm the singer so that one's covered too

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Mewzel

id be interested in seeing something like that :)

Updating this - Still looking for musicians that are interested in playing some jazz tunes

Advertisement