Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cant burn 2.4GB file onto 4.7 GB DVD+r - ISO 2gb limit

• 24-06-2003 2:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭

I'm having trouble with Nero Express and my NEC DVD+RW drive

I'm trying to burn a 2.4 GB MPEG (not a DVD, just a big file) onto a Memorex DVD+R, but when i try to add the file in Nero Express i get an error saying :

"...file is larger than 2GB and therefore cannot be stored in an ISO image. Please use the UDF file system to store such large files"

But, i cant find anything in Nero Express to change this :confused:

Any ideas?

TIA :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Dr4gul4

hmm dats a good 1..whats ure file system on ure pc ???all partitions ?? are they ntfs or fat32 or just fat

d.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭gs39t

Win2k with 2 NTFS partitions :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 932 ✭✭✭lotas

why not try just nero. not the expess. also, try the latest copy. im nearly sure i seen it doing stuff for DVD in there. i dont have a DVD Writer my self, but check it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭hostyle

Sounds like a File System limitation (for ISO standard DVDs, not your hard-disks). Why not follow the instructions, and "Please use the UDF file system to store such large files"? Use Nero, not Nero Express.

Unfortunately I don't have Nero on this machine at work so I can't help further.

Note that using UDF will more than likely make the disc non-standard and it may not be readable in other non-UDF DVD player/readers.

Other ideas include splitting the mpeg into two parts; re-encoding as Xvid or DivX; you could also zip / rar (using store rather than compress) into multiple files - maybe even make it self-extracting?

I'm going to try Nero now.

All i basically need is to use the DVD+R's to store the files, i dont need them read by DVD players or anything. I have searched nero express inside out for an option to burn in UDF (since thats what its telling me to do) but cant find anything! :(

I am able to burn several smaller than 500mb files onto a DVD+R, but what i WANT to do is put the MPEG2 files straight onto the discs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

Instead of using Express use the normal Nero burning rom program. Close the wizard and You will now be presented with new compilation. You can select UDF here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

*shudder* Nero Express

Thanks guys, got it sorted :)

No problems burning the file in Nero with the UDF system :cool:

Advertisement