Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burning CDs

• 24-06-2003 2:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭

ok in my college we have these Direct CD wizard things for writing to a CD but we are unable to actually burn the CD cause of copyright etc.

I tried yesterday to write to the CD but when i went to open it in an internet cafe it would find no data cause the drivers in my college are a bit messed up.

SO im stuck with an 87mb DJ set on my PC in college and i need to know is there anyway i could say..put it online or something so that i could download it then in the internet cafe or something or any other ideas would be really appreciated. Or if there was some website that lets you upload music besides the file sharing ones so i could download it at a later date. thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

finalise the cd ? use a different program that dosnt need to install to registery ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,018 ✭✭✭✭Stark

DirectCD formats the cd in a special way. Some of the directcd formatted cds include the software needed for reading them on the disk so that when you insert the disk into a pc it installs and you can read it but this probably wouldn't work with netcafe machines because of restrictions. You're likely to have more luck with a PC running Windows 2000 and Windows XP because the format is becoming more standard (it's called UDF). If you're on a linux machine you can mount it as a udf type filesystem (as apposed to iso9660 for normal cds).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MrPinK

Are you in DCU by any chance?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭hostyle

bah, see my reply in the original thread

Advertisement