Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connecting MP3 to TV/HIFI

Options
  • 24-06-2003 2:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭

Guys,
    Just wondering any of you know what cable I need for playing my MP3 player (Nomad II) on my TV or a HIFI system ?

The MP3 connection is the headphone connection and I think the other end could be the three coloured wires (Red While & Yellow) , am i right and if so what would this be called ? I've just had a quick look at Peats web site but couldn't locate one .

Anyroad I'm gonna have to get one at a less professional place cause I'm in Galway !!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭tinofapples

Think I might have found one :

http://www.peats.ie/cgi-bin/shop/db.cgi?view=1&id=1999&type=6&path=11x153x329

Would this be the one ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

All you need is a 3.5mm to stereo RCA/phono adapter... any decent record store or bog-standard electronics store will stock them.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,517 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

tinofapples: If so what would this be called ?
    Just to answer your question, as Kali alluded, these would be called RCA connectors...

The Yellow jack would typically be for video, with the red/white being the stereo RCA connectors..

Techtronics has a handy but light guide.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

yea tinofapples, that's exactly what you need. You'll get them anywhere though.

I have my Nomad Zen connected to the stereo in the same way, with an earphone extension lead that reaches over to my bed... essentially 3000+ tunes and a wired remote. Exceedingly fu.king cool tbh :ninja:

Advertisement