Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a digital camera!

• 24-06-2003 3:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭

ok ive done all the research and have a fair idea of the kind of things to look for when buying a digital camera!

so can someone ecommend me a digital camera for around €200???

:-)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Detonated Sauce

casio exilim is great and tiny. I have one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭endanagle

I've got a Canon Digital Ixus V - great camera

I use it primarilly for a college bar website so most of the pics are indoors and night time shots...

I've noticed that the pics are generally of good quality but the zoom on the camera is a bit disappointing (5x - quality gets lost about 3.5x)

Also, even though the camera has red-eye reduction built in, it doen't seem to do a huge amount for it... still get lots of pics with the dreaded vampire like red eyes!

Retail when I got it was €600 or so... prob down to about €400 by now. (plus VAT)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭skywalker_208

hey Detonated Sauce is this the camera youre on about??
    http://exilim.casio.com/z3model.htm

nice camera but a little expensive...

Yours is a nice one too endanagle but again i am only a beginner and want this for my holidays so aroudn €200 is all i can stretch to :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Detonated Sauce

Yeah thats the camera range I'm talking about, I dont have that exact model though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭ozmo

Originally posted by Detonated Sauce
    Yeah thats the camera range I'm talking about, I dont have that exact model though

Anything cheap and you would be better off with a Kodak disposable. Really.

A Cheap Digital camera will have some/all of
    * Distorted Geometry (bendy skyscrapers at edges)
    * Bad colour, bad exposure,
    * Bad battery life
    * No optical zoom (digital zoom is no use)
    * Bulky/Heavy (I had one that took 6x AA batteries)
    * Worst of all - a lag between when you press and when the
    photo is taken (sometimes 1 second or more).

Maybe its just me - had a few really duff digital cameras - then went for the Cannon S100 - a really brilliant camera.

ozmo.

“Roll it back”

• Advertisement

yea i understand that cheap is not generally great but this one :

HERE

doesnt seem to bad.... as cheapies go :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭mavedic

i just bought one in lidl for 130 euro. Has 4x zoom, takes 2 aa batteries, 3 Megapixels, flash, timer, movie capture etc. etc. Also came with 4 batteries, tripod and a battery charger. So far i haven't any problems with it, its really light and small and does every thing i want. I'm not an expert photographer or anything, just wanted a camera to snap some pictures when I'm on holidays or out at parties and it suited me fine - especially the low price of it. Means that if I lose it or it gets damaged, it won't matter to much.

cool - :-) any chance of posting up the name and model so maybe i can get a picture of it from the net???

Advertisement