Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Compaq Presario - Unmountable boot volume

• 24-06-2003 4:10pm

Anyone with a Compaq ring the Tech Support since the merger with HP? Bloody bloody awful......

I've rang five times looking for Softpaq #20077 (an Xp fix for the unmountable boot volume/blue screen of death) and been either given totally misleading info or sent the wrong cd (3 times now)

If anyone did get #20077 just let me know if its possible to get it...I'm starting to lose hope.

You might even send it to me somehow..its only 150mb...I'll pay costs....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭GRAHAM2002

I have had a few of there not so good persarios to deal with. What u could do is format the hard drive which will get rid of the diagnostics and then reload xp. Register on line download the service packs form the microsoft and then it will be cool.

The only problem is you can't enter the bios on boot. Well you can't really anyway because of the on board bios chip.

That is my experience with p3's on 98 & ME.

Hope it helps :)

Advertisement