Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Urgh! another pilot.

Options
  • 24-06-2003 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭

Its so annoying the way so many new sci fi films floating around at the moment turn out to be pilots of tv shoes that were never made. They shouldnt release them at all.

Sci fi channel at the moment are showing a film called river world. It looks very interesting, some unusual ideas etc.
    I sit down and watch it, a lot of care seems to be taken with the writing, lots of character development so im thinking great!
    However half way through and they are still introducing and developing new characters and i start getting a bad feeling.
    10 mins before the end and they are still developing plots and characters and im sick of it.

Basicly its 2 hours of starts with no middle and no end to wrap it up nicely because they were hoping to do that in the series. There should be a warning on these things. Half the sci fi films in the video stores are like this as well.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭MarVeL

Saw it as well and was kind of hoping for a series from it. Looks like I'm out of luck though. The Phillip Jose Farmer books were excellent though. Highly recommend them

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

It is a pity this did not develop. Whilst I can appreciate the novel idea that RiverWorld is, it's premise would be bound to raise a few feathers in the US. Still, the books got me interested in Richard Burton (the other one :) )

Advertisement