Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

show playlists

Options
  • 24-06-2003 6:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

hi all!

huge phantom fm fan, and i had an idea that would be quite easy to do and, i think, would be extremely benefitial to all of us listening, especially around the world.

i think show playlists should be available online. i don't think it'd be too much trouble and, it'd be helpful for a number of reasons (in no order).

1) accents. the irish accent, at times, is tough for a lot to get through :D with published playlists, we'd be able to find out the name of the band we were really interested in.

2) i'm sure it happens, as many things just do, but sometimes the dj just doesn't say who played what. there isn't enough time! published playlists would be extremely benefitial in this case too.

and obviously, some of us don't have the knowledge of who the band was enough so to reckognize it ourselves! published playlists, i really think, would benefit all listeners!

let me know what you all think! thanks!

-brendan
    massachusetts, USA.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

Has been sujested a number of times before and yes it would be helpful but apparantly it is fairly complicated to do so as the shows are done live unlike some stations where the music is all played from a computor playlist. They are looking in to it but dont expect it to soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 brendanx

at the last radio station i worked at, we did our shows live as well. the only extra measure we ran into was having written out our shows before hand, or, for those *really* going on-the-fly, writing the songs down as they go along (during the song.)

it was quite manageable. but, thanks for letting me know that this has come up a number of times. nice to know people agree :D

best,
    brendan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Brendan

Every DJ logs each track that they play on to their programme sheet. As a small station with limited resources - we don't have an admin dept. - and it time consuming to transfer playlists onto the web or elsewhere. It is low priority for us at the moment.

As each presenter, has a a play list may I suggest that you contact the presenter directly if you would like to identify a particular track. You can find out who's on air from the front page and presenter email addresses are on the contact page which is also accesable from the homepage.

Thanks for the feedback.

Advertisement