Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FRIACO announcement on Friday (RTE)

Options
  • 24-06-2003 7:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭

Just heard on the RTE Radio News, Business Section that "a company- didn't say which one, was to announce a "56k dial-up FRIACO sub €35 product" on either Thursday or Friday.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Boco

That'll be esat if I remember the newspaper ad correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Looks like its EsatBT from this thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

RTE news item here.
    The Commissioner for Communications Regulation Etain Doyle has told an Oireachtas Committee on information technology she would like Government to grant her increased powers to control the telecoms industry.

She was speaking after expressing concerns about levels of competition and high price levels in the provision of broadband high speed internet in Ireland.

Doyle also told the committee that on Friday she expects at least one telecoms operator to announce a product offering unlimited internet access over a 56k modem line for under €35 per month. This is in line with a directive from the Minister for Communications Dermot Ahern.

* In the High Court, ComReg's lawyers were told their battle with Eircom over the price charged for local loop access had been adjourned until July 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭De Rebel

Originally posted by oisin
    Just heard on the RTE Radio News, Business Section that "a company- didn't say which one, was to announce a "56k dial-up FRIACO sub €35 product" on either Thursday or Friday.

War footing people.......................

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Mr_Man

It really is a sad indictment of Comreg and the Irish Government that this is being seen as a great breakthrough worthy of mention on the national news in the year 2003.

If it had been 2mb BB for everyone that would have been worth reporting....

No vision, no vision, no vision, no damm vision

M.

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

The Commissioner for Communications Regulation Etain Doyle has told an Oireachtas Committee on information technology she would like Government to grant her increased powers to control the telecoms industry.

She was speaking after expressing concerns about levels of competition and high price levels in the provision of broadband high speed internet in Ireland.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAA
    AAAAAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAHAHHAHAHAHAHA
    HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA
    HAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAH
    AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAHAH
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHA

*cough* *sigh* *sniff*

oh no...

Oh God no...

Oh Jesus, here comes the LAUGHING again!!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAA
    AAAAAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAHAHHAHAHAHAHA
    HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA
    HAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAH
    AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAHAH
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHA

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭nahdoic

uh-huh ...

It may be 5 years too late, but better late then never. At least she's finally realising she doesn't have enough power, and finally asking for it. (although comreg do have a lot more power than the former ODTR, i dunno maybe she's gotten a taste of power and now she wants more!)

It's far better than putting her hands up in the air and saying, i've no power and I can't do anything. Leave me alone now while I obfusticate the handing out of 3g licenses.

This is very good news. A watchdog with more teeth is what we've needed for the last 5 years. About time, and I hope she gets everything she asks for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

The 27th is the Day they can all legally announce the product details etc isn't it?

I suspect we'll all hear from UTV about this aswell, and from what I can gather it'll be healthier than any of the other products that will be available.

Even netsource will jump on this band wagon me thinks. ..

Paul

• Closed Accounts Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Dangger

Yes. The next three days promise to very, very interesting indeed. ;)

IOFFL are off to meet the wizard at 11am tommorrow with an RTE TV slot likely...........

"Eyewitness News - channel seven
    More news at 11"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭BoneCollector

A watchdog with more teeth is what we've needed for the last 5 years

Unfortunatly if she is given! more teeth, that would confirm she had none to begin with, meaning these would be implants, which unfortunatly if the gov dont also supply her with a lifetime supply of super glue instead of denture cream, they may have a tendancey to fall out from time to time. :D:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Christ, somebody woke up the watchdog's guide dog. Etain dearest, you must've gotten a shiny new job in one of the European telco's by now - DT would be ideal - why don't you do us all a favour and piss off before you do any more damage, eh?

adam /blows etain a kiss

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

Originally posted by dahamsta
    adam /blows etain a kiss
    Could this be the beginning of a blossoming romance?

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Kinda like the Nescafé couple?

DeV.

Advertisement