Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Reception on Chorus in Limerick

• 24-06-2003 9:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Is anyone else in on analogue cable in Limerick having ****e reception at the moment ?

BBC2 and eurosport so snowy its like the good old days of the PAL aerial !!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Ah, the joy of Chorus cable. Can't comment on the Limerick cable reception as I told them to bugger off 10 months ago but it's a regular event really isn't it.

(I could reconnect the cable - they'd probably never notice as it's serving a few flats from the same repeater but I wouldn't like to ever experience the "service" again, even if it was for nowt)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

With a "PAL" aerial I never put up with less than DVD quality picture. I add bigger one, amp, move it etc.

I got rid of cable in 1 dublin address and 3 limerick addresses as it was so poor.

Even Analog Satellite if you have decent dish/ lnb/receiver gives DVD quality Eurosport (english sound), BBC World TV, CNN, German MTV etc all free.

If I lived someplace that did not allow aerials or dish I'd get cable. If allowed aerial and no dish I'd content myself with saving money and just 4 channels. Use savings of sub to buy DVDs. I refuse to pay for a inferior service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

"If I lived someplace that did not allow aerials or dish I'd get cable"

If I lived someplace that did not allow aerials or dishes
    Id bl00dy well MOVE !

Advertisement