Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Multi Display cards

• 24-06-2003 10:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭

What are the best brand of multi display cards?

I think matrox are the best for some reason. My eye was on this one . I'm looking to have two screens connected and doing two different applications. All i need are RGB connectors

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Wavey

I think all the recent retail Nvidia card(ti4200,4600) have a dvi out aswell as svga. So all you need is a dvi/svga adaptor to set up the multiple monitor feature.

I got screwed with my ti4200 from Komplett cos it didnt have a dvi out only an s-vid so I have to use a telly for my secondary monitor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

They do, but are they any good at it? They can display two different desktops but what I want to know is what are they like for example, running two games on each display.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Wavey

Well I havent tried it with games but you can definatly send applications and windows to each desktop. I use it for running two or more music recording apps at once.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Anyone have any other recommendations? Does Geforce FX's have the dual view, not just clone view.

Advertisement