Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I look too young for my age!

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭Mr.Applepie

Grow a beard and/or moustache. That should make you look older!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭bozzie

i have the opposite problem. im now 19 and ive always looked old for my age. e.g. on a school tour when i was 13 i was served at the boat bar when my 37 year old teacher was stopped for id.

made my life a livin hell coz o that he did(just coz he could only get drinks when i was buyin them and i charged him £5 per pint surcharge):cool:

still if ya want to be taken more seriously in work kick the boss in the nads(if they have any)they'll never look down on ya again ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

Jesus christ bozzie, your 19?
    Good god! :eek:

Ah well, look at fatman, I thought he was going into his 40's... turns out he's 19 or so. He wasnt extremly impressed when I made him aware of how old I thought he was

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Sangre that picture of you that you posted looks like a photo fit from crimeline!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,175 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Then don't tell anyone :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

On my phone, it would take 6 taps to write "was" and 8 taps to write "woz" so, I'm still not convinced it's text speak ! (And, yes, I *don't* have much else to do with my time!).

Back on topic though, how can women make themselves look older and more serious at work apart from wearing lots of makeup(it gives you spots)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Originally posted by simu
    On my phone, it would take 6 taps to write "was" and 8 taps to write "woz" so, I'm still not convinced it's text speak ! (And, yes, I *don't* have much else to do with my time!).

Back on topic though, how can women make themselves look older and more serious at work apart from wearing lots of makeup(it gives you spots)?

I'm backtracking on what I've said I do myself (but hey, do as I say not as I do ;) )but why would you feel the need?

Get respect at work by your contribution and your importantce to the team/job. If they aren't taking you seriously despite your contribution, then you have to ask if this is an institute you want to work for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kell

I am 28, and apparantly look about 21/22 or at least thats what people keep telling me. Do I care? No. Do I love it? Yep!

K-

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭patch

I'm 28 also, a plick of a bouncer asked me for ID sat. night, at the raddison in Galway. Later on I noticed two girls who couldn't have been more than 12 doing their thing on the dancefloor, much to the delight of a small group of guys who were plenty older than me!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭nuvolari

i look quite young for my age, but i do enjoy the 'haha, in your face' aspect of getting asked for id and havin it.

on new years eve i got asked for id three times in the one pub!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭STaN

Originally posted by Shinji
    I guess faraway hills are green, but believe me, being 22 and constantly mistaken for 26-28 years old isn't much fun either - and I'd probably give my right arm to look younger than I actually am. Ho hum :)

I guess that's an average :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

...except when they don't believe the ID and are sure it's fake, thst can be a pain. But a 19 yr old was asked for ID in a pub an d whatever the result, he didn't get served, then he got the Equality Athority after the pub and he got a few grand! Ageism apparently. Threaten a place with that and they might comply quicker!

Advertisement