Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game Boy Advanced Games

Options
  • 25-06-2003 4:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend any good games for the GBA.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭ondafly

bubble bobble old and new !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭long_b

Check out gamerankings - they'll list 'em all.

Anything in the top 30 would be good - some are fantastic.

Don't forget to keep an eye out for Gameboy / Gameboy colour classics like the Zelda games or Tetris !

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Epitaph

GameSpy did an article a few days ago recommending GBA games for the GB Player - linky.

I'd love to get the Castlevania games - and
    DESERT STRIKE ADVANCE!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

Super Monkey Ball Jnr , Metroid and Zelda:) Hours of entertainment!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Raz

Great topic :) It's a question I've been meaning to ask.

I have Mario Kart and Golden Sun.
    Both very good. In Mario Kart you can unlock all the old tracks from the SNES :D
    Golden Sun is very like Links Awakening rolled in with Final Fantasy (gamplay wise)
    Only drawback is the dialogs that you may have to run through over and over till you beat a certain part.
    Both great gameplay :)

Would people reccomend the GBA zelda?
    I had it in my hand and put it back cos I felt it was just the same as the snes. Does 4 swords add anything? Is it single player?
    Metroid sounds okay.
    I'd be a bit tentative about super Monkeyball Jnr. Wouldn't it really need to be played multiplayer?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Wing Commander is pretty cool, Sonic rocks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Asuka

CastleVania: Circle of the Moon
    CastleVania: Harmony of Dissonance
    CastleVania: Aria of Sorrow

(im a fan :))

In other news:

Advance Wars
    Golden Sun
    Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past
    Metroid Fusion

Err.. some others as well, but thatll start you off :)

A

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

The GBA rocks hehe..i dunno how id survive a day in work without these beauties:

Super street fighter 2 turbo
    Legend of Zelda: LTTP
    Doom
    Final fight one (old skool but still fun for a quick bash)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

Advance wars: its as addictive as hell and great multiplayer.
    Golden Sun: is a brilliant rpg and is pulled off really well on the little machine.

The sequels to both are coming out soon.

I have Advance wars 2 but havent really gotten in to it. Splinter Cell ans Spider Man are fun.

Zelda is the baest game in the world ever ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

Originally posted by Raz
    In Mario Kart you can unlock all the old tracks from the SNES :D
    how?:ninja:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

beware of street fighter 3 alpha btw. it's not good at all:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭TheAlmightyArse

Originally posted by Horsefumbler

I think you have to collect 100+ coins overall in each grand prix. I think. Might have something to do with the rankings, though (A, B, C, etc).

Playing Stuntman atm, adds a new twist to the standard car racing games on the GBA....

Havent gotten by the training levels yet...

stunt1.png

Instructions at the begining of each level....

stunt2.PNG

Start the scene...

stunt3.PNG

Acoide on coming cars and obsticals, their position on the map depends on your timeing

stunt4.PNG

Watch out for the exploding bus it lands on you if you take the wrong line...

stunt5.PNG

Next trainging level, starts by dodging the oncominhg train....

Heres a quick DivX of the train where i got the timeing wrong...

Train Miss 1.7 mb

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

Where is the cheapest place to buy GBA games?

Atm I want to buy Advance Wars but am wondering where to buy it from. Online like cdwow and play of Smiths or Game..
    ??

Why not get Advance Wars 2?? Id definatly shop around alot! Iv seen mad prices around

Cause i've been meaning to buy Advance Wars for ages and it might be a bit cheaper now that 2 is out:)
    Anyway just cause the sequel (*cough* expansion pack *cough*) is out now doesnt make the first game less of a brilliant game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭TheAlmightyArse

Bought Wario Ware today. I'mnot usually one to play a game just for the sake of it (what I mean is, replaying bits of it after all the secrets are found), but beating high scores in this is ridiculously compulsive. Haven't played it enough to have a definite opinion, but I can see it becomming a favourite. Yay Wario!

As an aside:

GAME shop assistant: You know, if you have a GC/GBA link cable and Wario World you can get extra games.

Me: I headr they were the same as the ones already on the cart.

GAME shop assistant: Oh. Possibly.

Me: Actually, I do need one to link up the Metroids. How much are they?

GAME shop assistant: We haven't got any in stock at the moment.

Me: Oh.

Originally posted by Rew
    Why not get Advance Wars 2?? Id definatly shop around alot! Iv seen mad prices around

well i did shop around last night.
    Went to Gamesworld, Game, Toymaster and Smiths and not one of them had a copy of Advance Wars and all of them said Advance Wars 2 is not due for release over here till October!
    So all i got for my troubles last night was to get pissed wet and pissed off :(

Its fooking ridiculous that you cand read a review online and then find out that the european release isnt for another 2-6months.

Is there any petition i can sign in protest at this ridiculous situation? If not there should be
    :mad:

Lads, seriously:

With regards to Game Boy games: IMPORT!!!

For the love of all that's holy, people should *not* be forking out 40 quid for a new GBA game. American games work fine on European machines, and most games can be found dirt-cheap on eBay or elsewhere. I found a fair few games here.

• Advertisement

Oh, Scruff...

In your travels, did you happen to see any GB Players in any of the shops?

Thanks!

Smiths up near the UGC cinema had them as part of a gamecube offer, both for €199 but i didn't see any on their own. wasnt particularly looking out for them though. I'd say try ringing em, dont run around in the rain like a scuttering gobsheen:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

Thanks for the advice lads, I'll get me some of the ones I don't have.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,378 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Don't like to brag but I'm in NY. That means I'm getting Advance wars 2, Golden Sun 2 and Pokemon before any of you. Mu ha ha.

Originally posted by Retr0gamer
    Don't like to brag but I'm in NY. That means I'm getting Advance wars 2, Golden Sun 2 and Pokemon before any of you. Mu ha ha.

Thats funny coz iv had all of the abouve for a while now so that means i played them before you.... ;)

Mu ha ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

That means I'm getting Advance wars 2, Golden Sun 2 and Pokemon before any of you.

Oh are you now :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Raz

Originally posted by Horsefumbler

I can't really remember, I havn't played it in a while. I think you have to get more than 20 or 25 coins on each track, or something like that. Race times might come into it. I had it figured out properly at the time!
    It has to be done on each of the different speed levels ie. To get the extra tracks on 100cc you do whatever it is but you then have to do it on 150cc aswell to open them for 150cc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

Originally posted by Retr0gamer
    Good for you, not much help to me though I didn't start this thread to listen to ppl bragging.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Man U babe

Originally posted by Epitaph
    Oh, Scruff...

In your travels, did you happen to see any GB Players in any of the shops?

Thanks!
    Game. The Square. Where I work.

• Advertisement
Advertisement