Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Artifacting at Stock speeds

• 25-06-2003 1:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 696 ✭✭✭

I got a new Radeon9700pro and I have the 'checkerboard' artifacting. The cpu is AMD AthonXP 2800+ running on an EPoX 8RDA+. It will not go away although there is little or no effect on performance with it, still getting 15k marks in 3dmarks 2001. Is it just a bad card and should I do an RMA? Or are there BIOS settings that could be wrong?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

Can you check it on another computer? ... if it is still there then RMA it.

As for what could be causing it?, usually its caused by faulty pipelines or overstressed ram .. (you used to get them on some boards when going from a 9500 to a 9700 as some of the pipelines were fubar, and I have heard of people getting them when they were overclocking the sh1t out of it)

Advertisement