Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

bans

• 25-06-2003 2:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭

was banned for a week

do they actually get lifted..

still can't access the classifieds :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Probably more likely to get an answer on the Admin/Support forum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 933 ✭✭✭mooman_00

if you got a one week ban and now its over then email vexorg to get the ban lifted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭theciscokid

we have to mail mods fot them to remember their bans ?

pff i'd rather not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

This is another way to get banned!! Why not take it to Admins where it belongs.. or PM Blade who probably banned you and probably for a good reason too :ninja:

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Originally posted by theciscokid

pff i'd rather not

If you'd rather not its no sweat off his brow tbh. Less effort.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

hmm...this is not the admin board.

Moved to its proper place,
    just dont make the mistake again or you might be banned form somewhere else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Vexorg

Yup, there is no system to remind mods of bans, you are requested to remind the mods to unban you. You can request that here if you like not absolutely necessary to send a mail.

I get the impression you really dont care, if you have to go to any bother you are happy enough I leave the ban in place.

If you change you mind, please let me know.

Thx

Vex.

i dont know what you're doing vexorg,

but you had unbanned me

then decided to ban me again...

so you went to the trouble of re-banning me for what?

you want me to mail you,

is this a power thing you get off on, cause i dont want to play your little games

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Originally posted by theciscokid

pff i'd rather not

But you'll go to the trouble of creating a public post about it.

*boggle*.

DeV.

ps: VB3 has time dependant bans.

We already established that i should have posted in the admin board, that was my faullt...

but re-banning me is certainly an unexpected move on vexorg's part...

is this the support boards?

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

My point was that you were unwilling to mail/pm Vexorg to say "hey my ban is over can I be unbanned".... dismissing it thus: "Pfff... I'd rather not".

But you were happy enough to perform ALMOST THE SAME ACTIONS to create a public post about it.

And yes, this is the Support forum as indictated by its name.

I know nada about the rebanning. Are you sure you just werent logged out (which would make you a "Guest" user).

DeV.

I neither unbanned nor rebanned you.....

If it has happened, I too would be annoyed but honestly, i did not, noe would do that... perhaps one of the other mods thought they had banned you, unbanned and reslised that it was not their ban to lift, I cant say..

Not to dwell on the issue and make it any more awkward or annoying... a request to unban is appreciated as it would suggest that a banned individual really wants to use that part of the forum and while its overbearing to say it, have learnt that the moderation of the for sale for is severe at the current time.

I dont play mind games, well I do, but a little more thought goes into them than unban-reban.

Can you confirm that since you started this thread you were able to access the for sale forum while properly logged in, remember that if you dont log in you can access and read a forum, you just have to log in before the ban prevents you?

The only reason I did not unban you immediately was due to the tome of your posts... eg....
    pff i'd rather not
    and so I asked you to confirm....

LMK

Thx

Vex.

ps Dev is there a way to check when bans were lifted and reapplied... to many people are accusing me incorrectly of actions, when they are just pissed at being caught breaking the rules and make wild unfounded accusations... the next false accusation will get a pernmanent ban.

I was logged in...

and the point isn't whether i was willing to mail him, even though he had removed the ban, thats in the past,

the point i am trying to get through to you is that i was re-banned

thats what i want to know.. and also to the fact that i was banned from all the boards under classifieds, when it was just "for sale"..

this "umbrella" ban should be used with more precision

So you lost accesss to work and accomodation under classifed, the other forums are more closley associated with the for sale forum, its a good point and I have changed this banning approach subsequently....

Get your facts straight I did not unban and reban you, I expect an apology now, you have said it several times and you are wrong... I applied the first ban... and its still in effect ...

Please let me know when you were able to access the for sale forum and when you discovered you were rebanned and just in case could you have been logged out, ie just to have a look in the for sale section?

Regarding the umbrella ban this has been changed since you were banned, the ban for all classified was too harsh as it contained some unassociated forums, later bans are more specific, you were just unfortunate to be an early bannee...

Well get to the bottom of this yet...

Vex.

yesterday, i was able to browse the for sale WHILE logged, in

i am not lying, and the second ban happened straight after your comment

"Yup, there is no system to remind mods of bans, you are requested to remind the mods to unban you. You can request that here if you like not absolutely necessary to send a mail.

I get the impression you really dont care, if you have to go to any bother you are happy enough I leave the ban in place.

If you change you mind, please let me know.

Thx"

so whether it was you or some other mod - i don't know, i apologise if it was not you (who banned me), but i sure as hell could have posted a new thread in the for sale yesterday..

Hey

Im not suggesting you were lying, I think myself and DeVore both hit on the same idea.... Im often dumbfounded to realise Im not logged in when I go to post or ban or whatever takes my fancy...

Most times Ive gone and cleared my cookies, and forgotten; other times its them basatrds upstairs messing with my head, or im not using my own pc...and many other weird and wonderful things that make me smile later... so I was asking if there could possibly be somthing like that...

At his point its clear you want the ban lifted and feel you are getting messed about, (its not me honest), so Im not going to make you jump through hoops to get back... so ban lifted....

As The main man pointed out, the next version of VB has proper time dependant bans.. so it wont be an issue shortly.. not suggesting that you will be making use of the facility, now all we need is that auto email/pm notification that a user has recived a ban from a forum.

V.

ps let me know if you have any more problems...

uhh.. I dont think we've ever shown a tendancy to lie in the face of someone saying we did something bad. We'd usually go "haha, yeah we were messin' with your head, tough".

If you want to be unbanned just say so. I dont think anyone here is messin' you around.

DeV.

Well i'm glad it's sorted, was going to post a webcam for sale while i was able to.

i thought it was you who had unbanned and re-banned!

thats the second time things have messed up with my account or somebody

:rolleyes:

Advertisement