Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

To all Xbox Live gamers

Options
  • 25-06-2003 2:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭

I don't know how many of you are aware of the GamerTag online database. Its basically a list of all XBL users in every country all round the world. I have just added myself to it and that brings the grand total of all Irish XBL gamers listed in the database, including myself, to 1! :eek: The link to the database is here. Go on and stick your details up there so that we can get an accurate picture of the state of XBL in Ireland.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

I see ya have got a big response to that!!!! I am KAKS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭Spud_Gun

I'll get me coat...:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭uzami

...ahhh we all joined before Ireland was an option, so we are all Northern Ireland....

Account amended now.

There does not seem to be much of a response to your call.... Is it that no one can be arsed of is it that no one has XBOX Live.... The second one I reckon, keep the faith!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

the reason that there's not much of a response is we did it already but we were in the UK section as there wasnt an Irish option. Instead why dont u do a search on xbox live gamertags and add us that way. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,378 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

To all xbox gamers!

Get a life

wakka wakka wakka

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Rnger

Originally posted by Retr0gamer
    To all xbox gamers!

Get a life

wakka wakka wakka

Cant wait for ps2 live :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Originally posted by Retr0gamer
    To all xbox gamers!

Get a life

wakka wakka wakka

Shut up Retr0gamer.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

yeah u w@nkka w@nkka w@nkka

shove your head up your @rse along with your BS2

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

relax.

when will ps2 go online ? approx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Originally posted by kensutz
    yeah u w@nkka w@nkka w@nkka

shove your head up your @rse along with your BS2

Sorry, when I said "shut up Retrogamer" I meant that all muppety tribalistic flaming about which console is the best should cease.

Yellow card for kensutz. Back on topic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Rnger

Originally posted by Placebo
    relax.

when will ps2 go online ? approx

My uninformed guess would be crimbo 2004/2005, and come in the form of the ps3.

Sorry I amnt much of a ps fan :(

The PS2 and Gamecube are both capable of going online. Both need hardware add ons.

Both Sony's and Nintendo's offering are very different to that of the Xbox. The XBOX service is being managed centrally by Microsoft which ensures a far higher standard of service, while with the PS2 service, the servers are managed by the Publisher of a specific game. EA currently wont release Live games because they Microsoft wont give them more control over the Live system than they give other publishers. Rightly so I say so too.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Originally posted by Rnger
    My uninformed guess would be crimbo 2004/2005, and come in the form of the ps3.

Sorry I amnt much of a ps fan :(

It's out in the UK, I don't know when it will be in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭uzami

PS2 online is available now surely, all you need is broadband adapter and dsl account.

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=52271
    ...from the eurogamer article.... On the software side, all you have to do is stick in the Network Access Disk supplied with the console - or navigate to the manual network set-up options in SOCOM, Twisted Metal: Black Online or Midnight Club II - and go through a step-by-step set-up procedure.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

I was meaning say officially launched in Ireland.

Advertisement