Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AMD XP2800+ OEM fans

• 25-06-2003 3:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭

Just ordered an Athalon XP2800+OEM...

Wondering is there a fan supplied with the OEM version.
    If not, can anyone suggest the quietest one suitable for it. I understand the one that comes with the boxed version is very loud.. is that the case?

http://komplett.ie/k/kl.asp?AvdID=1&CatID=28&GrpID=5&t=1622&l=3

Thanks,
    David.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭David C

Glacial Tech seem to do a "quiet" 19dba fan but it says it is suitable for up to "2700+" and under.

http://www.glacialtech.com/pdf/Silent%20Breeze462.pdf

Would I get away with using this on the 2800+? Don't want to get one of the 35dba lawnmower types to spoil my Sonata quiet case!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

"OEM" version is just the chip on its own. Have'nt had any experience with that fan. Just stay well away from the Thermaltake Volcano 7 - suppose to be 35db but its like an aeroplane closer to 70db's!! The thermaltake 6cu is very quiet , dont know about sonata quiet but.....

If your not intending on overclocking you will get away with the lesser spec fans!!

Let us know what the Sonata is like, went for the Xaser case myself mite still get the sonata (Out of stock at the min).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

Ps the Xp2700+(2.17ghz) run's hotter than the Xp2800+ (2.08ghz) - only slightly. Looks like the fan mite be out for a while and isint taking into account the Bartons.

Advertisement