Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help!

Options
  • 25-06-2003 4:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭

i just put together a new machine and was having some problems with it
    but i noticed that my alledged amd 2700+ was only showing up as a 1500+ so i went into the bios and taught it may have been something to do with the settings so i changed the cpu ratio from H/W to the lowest setting 7 but now it wont boot into anything
    the mobo is a msi k7n2 - delta ilsr
    all help appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Reset the BIOS. There should be a jumper on the board you can do that with. Check the mobo manual for more info.

Then when it's up and running again, check what your front side bus is set to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭superfly

cheers koneko that worked
    my fsb is set to 100mhz
    would you have any idea why the processor is a 1500 instead of a 2700
    could i have damaged it?
    or do you think i might have gotten the wrong chip?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

Ok this is a common problem, just means the BIOS doesnt recognise your CPU. Just go on the net and download the newest version and flash the bios. Then your chip should show up no probs. Either that or you can set it manually (if the board allows you). The correct settings for the Xp2700+ are..

FSB - 166mhz , Multiplier - 13.

Am much more use to Abit & Asus boards, but im pretty sure this will sort you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Nah that's just because of the front side bus setting.

Set it to the correct one (which is 166 here) and it should be recognised okay.

Your speed is coming up as a 1500+ because your multiplier is 13 and the front side bus is, as you said, set to 100

It should actually be set to 166, still with a multiplier of 13, which will give you 13x166 which is 2.167Ghz (the clock speed of the 2700+)

Make sure you have the latest BIOS loaded anyway aswell.

[edit] Dammit Loki beat me to it! :) [/edit]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

:) - Sure u know what they say ....... All's fair in love and computer advice!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭superfly

cheers guys i tried that and it worked
    now if i could only figure out why any games i load on to it wont work and why it stalls on every 2nd boot up i'd be happy
    looks like ive got my work cut out for me
    cheers again

Advertisement