Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 289 Exchange (foxrock/cabinteely)

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭gombín

Konix,

You're better off ringing the Sales No. and talking to a biddy than using the website (contradiction in terms ).:confused: It's probably just a case that the site hasn't been updated yet.

Regards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭Konix

would you reccomend eircom or iol?
    Why is it tha tnone can get NTL?

Konix,

If you don't hate them or are sure that a 4gb cap is OK for you, go for eircom. Esat seem to have their heads up their ar*es as usual. Don't for get that you still have the choice of UTV or Netsource aswell.
    NTL is available in about..well 5 houses by the sound of things. NO seriously, it's limited to parts of Tallaght and Templeogue, and they have recently started up in Lucan.

Regards.

i think ill go for eircom. what are utv like? the netsource site isnt really very helpful at aall.

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭Jokah

Great.I hope to move to the Blackrock area soon. Can one order a DSL line without a phone number? You know get your form in there into the queue? I sincerely doubt it but.....

I have Esat DSL at work, but I cannot appreciate it as much as I would like to. Blackrock here I come if that is the case. I would get a sateillite DSL but I believe I would have to get permission from the landlord/lady....If I do get permission, ill get sateillite DSL.

Nice one........Hearing all you guys and galls with your DSL is making me edgy and I cannot wait.....It's been to long.......

• Advertisement

Gombin,

I've looked into UTV IP. is it not just a flat rate ISDN??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MrPinK

UTV IP is the dialup package alright. The RADSL package is called Clicksilver. There's a link on the utv.ie homepage or the direct link is http://u.tv/internet/services/clicksilverie/clicksilver.asp

Here's the Netsource link. The relevant package is the SOHO one:

http://www.netsource.ie/html/access_solutions.html

Regards.

how come they dont have pricers on the site. do i have to send a mail to them to find out about it? there are no links to that SOHO thinkg on the site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MrPinK

Hehe. I thought that too the first time I saw it. It looks like the end of the page but you can scroll down :)

• Advertisement

LMAO.
    Thanks!

Konix,

On second thoughts, having looked at all the posts about the crap service at the moment from Netsource, I don't think they're your best bet. Too inconsistent.

Regards.

Netsource looks cheap but its excluding vat @ 21% which is a fair bit. is eircom excluding vat aswell? ****.

Gombin, do you know what all this stuff about eircom BB being shared with 31 others on a 32 person HUB, and therefore being slower? is this true? know anything about it?

Konix,

Bottom line is the line coming into the house will give you an "up to" 512k connection contended at 48:1. This means your top connection will be somewhere between 256k and 512k depending on distance from the exchange and the quality of copper going into the house. This "top" speed is also dependent on nobody else sharing your bandwidth (never happens on a 48:1 ratio).

Your worst speed will be your top divided by 48. This will be the case when your bandwidth is being hogged by all the others you're sharing the pipe with (rarely happens either, due to the fact that not everyone is constantly d/l either).

So what you're looking at getting from eircom or whoever else is a fairly constant connection of about 50/60k up to your point at the front door.

If after this you set up a proxy or are using a router for multiple connections the speed will reduce consequentially. If you're using a Rate Adaptive connection with 32 links set up off it, to be honest it's not worth it, more painful than dial-up.

Regards.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭trurl

Hell o *.*,

It's there, just select Services and Access solutions. I'd put it on the front page, but I don't count.

Trurl

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭raphaelS

I can confirm that Foxrock is now ready to go and DSL can be ordered from any of the providers.

It seems it was not!!
    Tomorrow was suppose to be The Day (according to the letter I got with my Netsource self install pack) but Eircom messed up (according to Netsource) claiming that it was ok!!

So, I'm back to 11 working days from today (hopefuly less!)... :rolleyes:

Raphael

I can guarantee that service was available in Foxrock as of from last Thursday. Esat seem to be having the same problem as Netsource, with the drones in the call centre not having a clue which exchanges are upgraded or not.

Regards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭tribble

Looks like I'm going to be stuck on the same 289 exchange as you bunch of Netsource Kaaza warez monkeys:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭50Cent

shutup you moany little bitch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭tribble

warezmonkey.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭raphaelS

Netsource is messing with my order* on this exchange since the 7th...
    And today they told me that they didn't put a new order yet (the 1st one has to be cancelled...) and it looks like my 11 working days will start only Monday!

Just wondering, is someone has ADSL on Foxrock exchange?! If yes, who is your ISP?

Thanks
    Raphael

*their order to Eircom to activate my line...

Advertisement