Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UTVip FRIACO - Migration from Current Services

Options
  • 25-06-2003 5:24pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I just migrated from UTVip lite to UTVXL and it was as simple as clicking a link. There's a new dialer to install and that's it. Won't take effect until the next billing period so from July 1st I will be using the new service. Excellent!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Migration from currect spelling too ??

;)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

Originally posted by t|nt|n
    Migration from currect spelling too ??

;)

what are ya on about. nothing wrong with my spelling :D

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Spoonman

anyone know did they change the dialup number for utvXL with the dialer or can we just continue using the same number.

I hate installing those dialer thingies :O

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭DMT

I just downloaded the dialer setup program and when I run it I get this error:
    "A newer version of this installation is on the server. Please re-download this installation".

:ninja:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Martin-UTVi

I get this error:
    Just tried from home and it installed fine - maybe you caught it midway through an update.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

DMT,

You are not alone, I have received the same damned frustrating re-download newer version 3 times and still no joy?..

So I have e-mailed technical support and received an automated reply that an engineer will contact me within 48 hours! I live in hope.

I was also informed that I could actually use the - anytime - online feature as an from the 27th June and my billing period would start from 1st July.

Paddy20:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Originally posted by Paddy20

I was also informed that I could actually use the - anytime - online feature as an from the 27th June and my billing period would start from 1st July.

Can anyone confirm this as my next billing period is the 12th july...

You are not alone, I have received the same damned frustrating re-download newer version 3 times and still no joy?..
    What URL/link are you using to download the dialer?

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Mr_Man

Martin.

I have the same problem and the URL is

http://u.tv/icc/iccdownload/setup.exe

M

What URL/link are you using to download the dialer?
    Hmmm...the only thing I can think is that you're somehow getting a cached copy of an older version of the dialer....make sure the link you are using (have just gone through the migration process again and all worked fine...) is :

http://u.tv/icc/iccdownload/setup.exe

Not that it should make any difference, but try saving it to your harddrive before running it.

• Advertisement

Martin,

The link included in the e-mail received from your goodselves in my inbox, confirming that my UTVlite service would be updated but that I needed to click on the link included in the e-mail ? in order for the upgrade too operate correctly.

Paddy20.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭andrew163

i get the same error when trying it from the UTVip service....BUT.....

when I dial my old esatBT dialup number and then run the program, it starts the download........

i think the cache problem you mentioned is probably correct, could you please tell somebody in UTV to flush all the caches?

thanks,
    andrew

o nm its working now.........

Martin,

Tried again, it started too download then at 64% download I receive a message stating - Error 500 cannot connect to server! Abort - Retry. Tried retrying still no go same message! will now abort and retry tomorrow.

Thanks anyway, teething problems must be expected I suppose!.

Paddy20.:confused:

cache problem you mentioned is probably correct
    Weird...all caches are set not to cache .exe's within our network anyway......our website itself is not cached internally.....and I'm just off the phone with the software developers themselves who have confirmed the problem yet just again verified that it is working fine....I've reset all that I can, hopefully judging from peoples later posts here all is ok.
    I receive a message stating - Error 500 cannot connect
    Prolly me resetting the webserver to flush the caches ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

awwwww.

3 month minimum contract , i am signing up for utv b/b service next month ( was waiting till end of july cause of holidays and weekends away n'stuff ) so there is no point really.

Knowing my luck now i won't pass the line test , although i already passed both eircom's and esat's a few months back.

Originally posted by Giblet
    Can anyone confirm this as my next billing period is the 12th july...

erm......yea could someone confirm this.....because I've got a similar situaution?

(it says 1st July 2003 on the migration page)

:confused:

<edit> and yes, the dialer thingy is working fine for me now....thanks :) </edit>

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

hey

everyone should quote my referal number when signing up!

hee hee

*edit*
    bah, grumpbag pete says i'll get in trouble for putting up me referal number 8(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

When I clicked the desktop icon the dialogue for UTVip appeared and asked to be connected, is that all there is to it?!

Mike.

Just downloaded the dialer, and it says I can use the dialer on my next billing date, to which it says is....june 10th...SO would I be right in thinking I can use it only after the 1st July and not now?and It's just a mistake.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

I receive my bill around the 12th of the month but the actual billing period runs from the 1st of the month to the end of the month. AFAIK, it's the same for everyone. So, it looks like if you sign up to migrate services before the 30th of June you should be able to use the new service from the 1st of July.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,483 ✭✭✭corkie

I downloaded the setup program, it worked fine but after rebooting my pc. I keep getting this error.

errorfromutv.gif

Runtime Error 3447.

I hope that using your dialer programe will not be needed to use the service?

As it says in your mail:
    In order to use the UTVipXL service, you need to download and install the
    following dialer software: http://u.tv/icc/iccdownload/setup.exe

If you have the number and know how to
    set up Dial up networking thats all you need.
    That software contains a gui for net access which is useless for anyone with any experience on the net.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,483 ✭✭✭corkie

Yes I know how to set dialup networking.

My main reason for downloading it was to make sure that there was no change in the number to dial or that no other changes are needed for the normal dialup.

My reason for the post was to report the bug in the software.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭piet

The new dial up software deletes the old dial up numbers,
    make sure to setup a temporary (till the your change over date)
    or keep the old dial up no.
    new: 1893242224
    old: 1890927161

Tried again this morning. Message received! - " Could not communicate to the network server, error 3

404 ABORT RETRY

I give up, see you in the - Cracked up* downloaders therapy sessions.

Paddy20

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Malcolm

To clarify on service start dates:
    For existing customers migrating to the new service -
    If you migrate before the end of June then you can use the new service from the 1st July and will be billed accordingly.
    If you wait until after the 1st July to migrate then you will be unable to use the service until the 1st of August.
    We have tried to make the migration as easy and seamless as possible but we cannot change billing tariffs and call records during a billing period.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 468 ✭✭trap4

But I presume Malcolm that it's ok to use the new dial-up number (installed by the new dialler, which it took me a few goes to download) and that we'll be charged at the normal UTVip rate (ie inclusive our off-peak flat rate)?

There was no warning to save the old number so it would be rather bad form if the new number caused us to be charged at the higher rate (ie. not inclusive of our off-peak flat rate).

By the way, the new dialler isn't working for me. Keep getting a 604 error. :(

Thanks,
    -Jim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Malcolm

Originally posted by trap4
    But I presume Malcolm that it's ok to use the new dial-up number (installed by the new dialler, which it took me a few goes to download) and that we'll be charged at the normal UTVip rate (ie inclusive our off-peak flat rate)?

There was no warning to save the old number so it would be rather bad form if the new number caused us to be charged at the higher rate (ie. not inclusive of our off-peak flat rate).

By the way, the new dialler isn't working for me. Keep getting a 604 error. :(

Thanks,
    -Jim.
    The new dial-up number will not work until 27th June as stated in the migration e-mail. But you should not use the dialler until your account is active from 1st July. Your old dial up networking connection should still be available on your PC and the 1890 927161 has to be used until the 1st July.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 468 ✭✭trap4

Hmm, I checked Malcolm and it's not! See, I didn't use the old dialler, just the old number, which has now been overwritten with the new number. A bit messy isn't it (or me).

-Jim.

Advertisement