Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UTVip FRIACO - Migration from Current Services

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Hi Malcolm

Just wondering if UTV are planning on introducing a business product to compete with Esats 260hrs for 45 euro plus vat

thanks

Ruu :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

I went online this morning, clicked the migration link in the utv email - then downloaded (*but did not install) the dialer with a view to hopefully just chaning the number to the new number tomorrow (july 1st) or if i had to, installing the dialer tomorrow.

This evening, June 30th i cant access my a/c - my user/pass info is not being verified.

Question:

If i try to connect with the new number, at what rate will i be charged for this evenings use?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

Originally posted by Eurorunner
    Question:

If i try to connect with the new number, at what rate will i be charged for this evenings use?

AFAIK you can't use the new number till tomorrow. You'll just get a bad username/password error.

Well, if i cant use the new one and i cant use the old one...
    dont want to put myself in the category of the neg. heads but this isnt what you would call smooth transition.

Surely this cant be? I'm now back on iol paying by the minute...its only for the evening but its the principal of the thing and its also costing me...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

You actually can use the new number, I've been using it the last couple of days. I rang up UTV and they told me my new username and password, they told me it was supposed to be e-mailed to me but it wasn't.

I think there might be a lot of trouble tommorrow if the new usernames and passwords weren't e-mailed to everyone. Did anyone get there's e-mailed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭sunbeam

I just presumed you could go on using your old one? :confused:

I didn't get an email anyway..

I havnt heard anything about a new user and pass:confused:

Was hoping to just use the service in a few when it goes past midnight....thought that there would be a system in place to set it in motion so to speak.

I know this whole business from their point of view is far from straight forward but nevertheless, theres a little room for improvement here.

Not trying to be critical, but its certainly something you can look at lads :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭sunbeam

Hmm, just tried and can't get in :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Nyum Nyum

Same here Sunbeam. I had to put the old number back in - god knows what I'm being charged for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭corkie

MARKED FOR DELELETION

The content of this post was deleted because it contents proved to me unsuccessful and resulted in unforseen clashes with other software.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 468 ✭✭trap4

Huh?

I couldn't login, after numerous attempts, with the new dialler so reverted to the old number and here I am! :confused:

I kept getting the following error with the dialer -

"(650) There was an error connecting to the server. Would you like to try again?"

On one occasion it was -

(718) ...... same again.......

:mad:

By the way, I had chosen the migration option and I'm also on Win 98 (SE).

I also noticed that regardless of an inability to actually dial in the new dialler is flaky in other respects. After each failled attempt it asked me if I wished to dial in again. On more than one occasion, clicking on cancel started it off dialing in again. And on more than one occaion clicking on OK meant it just did nothing :rolleyes:

Same problems for me - a consistent refusal by the new dialler to dial in, so here I am using the old number again.

See here for my comments in another thread :mad:

Originally posted by corkie

On another note anyone who had click the migration option can no longer login throught the OLD number as from 2am.

Quite the opposite - I'm on the old number now. The new one doesn't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

Heard nothing at all about a new Username/Pass and oddly enough I was in touch with UTV CS on Sat, just checking mine hadn't been changed etc for the new service............was told nothing about needing new details or getting an e-mail with same..........all very odd, tried the dialer this morning before setting off for work, no joy............
    Transitions are by their nature never smooth.........I'm sure the lads will sort it out - they must be run off their feet at the moment - it's no mean feat to launch two new products in two weeks.........anyway, have been using the old number and user/pass for the last few days with no problems at all - but as has been mentioned that may well be gone today - will find out this evening.....

I read in the migration thread that UTV were e-mailing new login/passwords for the UTVipxl accounts.

I didn't get mine yet so I will be ringing them in about 15 minutes.

I know the dialer works because I used it to connect to IOL free to post this message.

So the problems with login are on UTV side of things.

Once I get through to support line, I come back and post any info they care to share with me.

Looks line there support e-mails are very busy on the 25 June, I got a support ticket of 152?? and last night I got one of 164??.

That is over 1000 support requests in last few days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 645 ✭✭✭TomF

This morning (Tuesday, July 1st) I tried dialing UTVip XL and got through but immediately got a "User logon" window with my old User name and Password already entered and asking me to enter my Password. I did that, typing over the "XXXXX" in the box and clicked OK, but the window came back. I did the same for a total of 5 tries then got the message that I was using an invalid User name or Password. I understood from the downloading of the UTVip XL software last week that I was to continue with the same User name and Password.

My old dialup via UTVip 1890-926-161 still works, and I can dial the UTVip XL number 1892-242-242 and dialog with the system, but it doesn't like what I am telling it! I have a request for help into UTVip. Probably teething problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭patrickmooney

Surely you should be dialing 1893 not 1892?!

Oops, I meant to type 1893, and that was the number I was using.

Anyway, I am typing this while connected to the Internet via UTVip XL. It started working sometime around 8:30 this morning.

Yee-hah!:D

I'll have to start typing without gloves. My UTVip XL connection became successful at about 9:30 this morning, not 8:30. :o

• Advertisement

Just got through to support about five mins ago. They said they were aware of the problems and were in the process of fixing them.

Your login and password from your UTVip account should work with UTVipXL.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

Carl posted on the NG this morning. Basically new customers that had signed up would work from midnight last nite. The old customers needed to be migrated by hand accross this morning.
    So I suspect that's all that was wrong. Now all is well :)

Paul

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

Having experienced more logging on problems connecting too UTVip XP LITE this morning again!, including repeatedely receiving - Connection problems messages [635] & [718].

I finally got through to UTV Technical support. Who stated that they would have the problems sorted in about 5 to 10 minutes.

True, as usual to their word everthing is now working brilliantly.
    However, I am still concerned about the following message received while originally installing the new Republic of Ireland connection number.

" You have selected 1893242242 to be dialled for your internet connection. If this is not a LOCAL CALL then you are responsible for any telephone charges!"

What is this gobbledegook?.. Is the above number configured as or regarded as A LOCAL NUMBER, it certainly is not my local dialling code!.

Could someone from UTV INTERNET CUSTOMER SUPPORT please clarify the true situation, because if I receive another Internet usage bill ever again from the Eicom Rat I will have to call in James Cagney!.

Thanks.

Paddy20:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Malcolm

Originally posted by Paddy20
    Having experienced more logging on problems connecting too UTVip XP LITE this morning again!, including repeatedely receiving - Connection problems messages [635] & [718].

I finally got through to UTV Technical support. Who stated that they would have the problems sorted in about 5 to 10 minutes.

True, as usual to their word everthing is now working brilliantly.
    However, I am still concerned about the following message received while originally installing the new Republic of Ireland connection number.

" You have selected 1893242242 to be dialled for your internet connection. If this is not a LOCAL CALL then you are responsible for any telephone charges!"

What is this gobbledegook?.. Is the above number configured as or regarded as A LOCAL NUMBER, it certainly is not my local dialling code!.

Could someone from UTV INTERNET CUSTOMER SUPPORT please clarify the true situation, because if I receive another Internet usage bill ever again from the Eicom Rat I will have to call in James Cagney!.

Thanks.

Paddy20:confused:
    Access using the 1893 242242 number will not be charged to users within their allocated hours, 30 or 180.
    Sorry for any confusion this may have caused.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

Malcolm,

Talk about fast customer support!, you must have set a new record for speedy response.

Thanks for clearing up my concern, which no doubt may have been worrying other UTV Internet customers as well.

Magic, maybe I can now allow the late James Cagney* rest in peace as I may not need him too shoot the Eircom - "Dirty Rat"?..

Paddy20:)

Well it's working for me now anyway. Fair play to them for fixing it :cool:

Fair play Malcolm - it's working fine for me now.

I just wish there was someway I could check my current online bill each day so that I could make doubly certain and sure I'm not going to be landed with a HUGE one at the end of the month.

Okay, I'm paranoid, but can I be absolutely 100% sure that if I'm dialling in with the new dialler I will ONLY be charged as per the new terms?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Malcolm

Originally posted by trap4
    Fair play Malcolm - it's working fine for me now.

I just wish there was someway I could check my current online bill each day so that I could make doubly certain and sure I'm not going to be landed with a HUGE one at the end of the month.

Okay, I'm paranoid, but can I be absolutely 100% sure that if I'm dialling in with the new dialler I will ONLY be charged as per the new terms?
    Understandable to be worried when you are getting so many hours access for such a small cost.

All 1893 calls are via FRIACO ports which will not be charged to the end user, within their allocated monthly limit, as they are not via the standard PSTN network and therfore cannot be charged by eircom in error.
    The overflow number used by the dialler will be zero rated by UTV Internet, at our expense, similiar to the old UTVip service. Therefore if using the dialler or only using the 1893 242 242 number you will not be charged within your monthly hours.
    The zero rating of the overflow number is another reason why we require CPS for the service.

I can't get either number to work now :(

• Advertisement

Ahh! Now it works :)

I'm using the dialer to connect to 1893 242 242 - so that's right isn't it?

Advertisement